• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best Person To Complain To At Sky?

Andytyper

As above,we have been with sky for nearly 20 years right from the start
we only had normal sky box and none of the films or sport channels,
nearly a month ago we started getting freezing and no signal messages all the time on the screen and as we don`t watch that much of sky decided to cancel,having two teenage girls in the house they were not too happy about losing the music channels so tonight before i got home my wife rang sky to see if they would send out an engineer or offer some sort of deal to stay with them,instead she was kept waiting for ages, spoke to three different cs advisors who got steady ruder until she got to a manager who basically told her "well with your sort of account we don`t offer deals or send out engineers you have cancelled thats it!!!! we can send out an engineer but you would have to pay and i cannot tell you what that would be!!) she then said what if we waited until the 2nd of aug our cancellation date and i rung up to resubscribe what would you do for us then?. answer being nothing as you have been a customer before on a minimum package,i cannot put into words how rude this guy was i came in from work with my wife in tears the way she was spoken to!!.so someone please tell me who to complain to
thanks
Andy

Andytyper

have emailed and posted a letter to sky at the address i have been given,got an email back saying they are looking into it,not expecting much though

SamRadford

I don't follow your complaint (not just because of the lack of full stops!)

You cancelled your contract because your 20 year old Digibox packed up and now you are annoyed because your wife changed her mind. Huh? I think I get more sense by watching "Love Island".

I think the person to complain to must be your wife since she's the one who caused the problem and upset the people at Sky who are normally very helpful.

Andytyper

cancelled our account yes but box was only 18 months old not the original.
judging by your sarcastic tone i guess you work for sky as an advisor?:mad:
ooh i must be the odd one out then who thinks sky are useless?
and dont insult members of my family you mighty keyboard warrior:nono:
back to your sky desk you go and insult some more people.
post anything else you want but i will not give you the time of day to reply.

SamRadford said:
I don't follow your complaint (not just because of the lack of full stops!)

You cancelled your contract because your 20 year old Digibox packed up and now you are annoyed because your wife changed her mind. Huh? I think I get more sense by watching "Love Island".

I think the person to complain to must be your wife since she's the one who caused the problem and upset the people at Sky who are normally very helpful.

Tuscan

SamRadford,

If you are going to post on these forums at least post something that makes a small amount of sense. :rolleyes:
You obviously have no idea how long sky digital has been around..... (20 year old digibox !!! )... :(
If someone has a problem, you could at least post something constructive to help them out, judging by the amount of posts you have made i can only presume by what you have said, that i guess the fair majority would have been absolute rubbish and unhelpful. :nono:
I think an apology is in order :lesson:

Tuscan

Andytyper

Thanks everyone for advice (except the one muppet!) this has now been resolved with sky offering us asistance to sort the problem out,and sending us high street vouchers to make up for the terrible customer service we suffered until i managed to contact someone higher up.
:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom