Best PCI Graphics Card (MCE 2005)

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Oasis-GasPanic, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Finished setting up my new HTPC last night. It's a P4 2.6GHz HT "HP Compaq d530 ultra slim Desktop", which i formatted and installed an OEM version of Win MCE 2005 on. Everything seems to work great running at my screens "near" native res of 848x480 (native=852x480), but the only problem i have is trying to play 3D games at a decent rate. I'm currently using the intel GPU on the M/board which is crap, so was hoping someone could recommend any "decent" graphics cards in PCI form (can't find a AGP anywhere on the baord).

Oh! And when i say 3D games i mean things like FIFA 2005, and not HL2 & Doom3.....I'm aware it would be stupid to expect a PCI card to perform well with those sort of games :D

Regards,

2. broona

broona

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +691
    Probably something along the lines of a Geforce FX5700 , don't think you can get anything faster, but I've been wrong before! ;)

3. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for the reply Broona. Well it's either the 5700LE or the Radeon 9250 (256MB) as far as i can see. Anyone know which is quicker??

Cheers Again,