1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best PC software to rip DVD-R's?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PhilJW, Dec 1, 2004.

1. PhilJW

PhilJW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies as I am sure the answer to this is in the sticky at the top of the page but theres a lot of that to read through and its a very simple question.....

I have a number of basic (no menu's, chapter marks etc) DVD-RW's that I want to make copies of for friends. But I want to add menu's, chapters etc before ripping them to DVD-R, and this is something my Sony DVD Recorder wont so.

So my simple question what software for my PC (I have the correct drives etc already) would be best to copy my DVD-RW's, add menus etc, and then rip to DVD-R? I do not need to edit the footage, as it is already done, so I dont need any editing facilities. It will just be a straight copy of the video, with a few frills to make it look slightly slicker and more professional.

The most important feature therefore would be no (or minimal) loss of picture and sound quality. Clever editing functions are not necessary. Just the ability to add menus and chapter marks.

Any recommendations very welcome.

2. cube

cube

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not entirly sure if this is the right route for you but ive used DVD2AVI to get the stuff of the dvd (do a search on google) its a shareware program. Then Adobe Encore (not very cheap though) to do any menues etc...