best PC programme for Cataloging and listening to music?

Desticado

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.

Although im a fan of Media Player Im becoming increasing frustrated by its shortfalls. Most specifically the fact that it keeps its track data seperate to the mp3.tag which means I have to continually re-edit the sodding things.

Im thinking of taking the plunge and moving back to Winamp, which i always found rather basic in the past, though it has been some time since i last used it.

What I wanted to know from my gang of guru's here on AV forums was if there any other programms I should think about?

best regards

I've just moved (over the weekend) to using J River's Media Center from Musicmatch for it's Ipod support. Impressed with what I've seen so far. Not had any problem with tagging which is quite fundamental for Ipod usage.

If you're looking for MP3 labelling software, try Tag & Rename -- just about the best one I've tried....although it's not freeware.

Let us know how you get on...

I always liked WinAmp because it was quick and easy to load up a folder of MP3s. But I started getting lots of jumps and skips after I upgraded to the latest version, so I switched over to MusicMatch.

No looking back now. Very good product.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom