1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best Payg?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by superman22, Aug 25, 2005.

1. superman22

superman22
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys and gals
    wodering if u can help.
    I want to change networks away from my orange payg which ive had for YEARS, who's got the best deals going at the moment?
    My phone is unlocked so thats not a problem, and should be able to just get a sim right?

ta
    superman

2. wyndham63

wyndham63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In order to recommend a tariff you really need to tell us your average monthly usage. For example:

How much do you spend with Orange PAYG per month?

How many minutes of voice calls do you use and at what times of the day?

How many texts do you send per month?

How much WAP/GPRS(if any) do you use per month?

3. superman22

superman22
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    prob about £30

talk about 10 min a day during the day and about 30 min in the eves
    send quite alot of texts
    and would like wap :clap:

4. satchmo

satchmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi 'Superman' - I'm also looking to move networks - have been with 'Fresh' for a while (Carphone Warehouse on T-Mobile network I think) and have been thinking about Orange and just wondered why your moving away from them ?
    Is there something I should know ? Haven't they just introduced some bonus top-up offer ?

Cheers - Satchmo

5. wyndham63

wyndham63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could try the Talkalotmore Tariff from O2.

For £30 you'll get 300 evening and weekend mins and an extra 300 free off-peak minutes each month.

If you're an Online Pay & Go customer you'll also get 300 free messages a month so you can text, send pictures, photos, videos or whatever.

I would also recommend you register for their O2 Rewards package. You can then claim 10% back of all your top-up every three months (It isn't time or content type limited like Orange) that you can use for calls, wap/gprs and other stuff.

Hope this helps.

6. wyndham63

wyndham63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Satchmo,

The Orange Bonus Top-up offer looks good on paper, but if you read the small print you'll see there are strict limitations:

You're limited to a top-up bonus of £25 per month. It can only be used on the '24/7' tariff. The bonus top-up only lasts for 30 days. You're limited to standard UK calls/messages & OrangeWorld access and it cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.

And once you're on the '24/7' tariff you're stuffed because you can't move back.

The O2 package represents better value because it has none of these restrictions.

7. satchmo

satchmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that info Wyndham63 - that's a great help. This is the kind of vital detail that you don't get on the 'official' company websites. I've looked at the Orange Bonus Topup offer on their web site and I did not twig that it has all these limitations you have listed. At the moment - 02 seems to been offering a much fairer & flexible deal. There's a lesson for us all here (well me anyway) - always read the small print - slowly - twice !!

Cheers - Satchmo.

8. satchmo

satchmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All - Satch here again. After my last post I've been checking the small print of some other PAYG newtworks and it turns out that quite a few of 'em have restrictions built into the special deals or rewards schemes. T-Mobile's new 'mates rates' thing is a pretty good deal initially but once you sign up with it - your stuck with it and the real goodies only last for the first 3 months.
    The Vodaphone 'stop the clock' deal where you can be on your phone for an hour but only pay for the fiirst 3 mins also looks good but this is only on evening & weekend calls and if you go over the hour - you get stung !
    Tesco mobile comes out as one of the better ones - calls for 15p per min for all landline and UK mobiles, but you can't use it abroad and I haven't a clue what the coverage is like.

Still searching foe that 'perfect' deal ! Will pass on any further info as I find it.

Cheers - Satchmo :)

9. wyndham63

wyndham63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't want to be a cheerleader for O2 or anything, but in addition to their 10% cash back you can also register for their free Blueroom Alerts and save even more dosh.

You can then receive tailormade alerts that suit your interests - sports news, entertainment, music or whatever direct to your computer and "...get the inside scoop on events, competitions, giveaways and more great offers."

Just a suggestion.

10. satchmo

satchmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that info wyndham63 - I checked out the link to the 02 Blueroom and it looks like a good idea - to be 'alerted' when something that maybe of interest to you and save you money is up for grabs. Have you got hold of any goodies from the blue room yet ??

Cheeers - Satchmo.

11. superman22

superman22
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for the help, the 02 deal seems pretty cool.
    speaking of which ive found this desktop download from o2 which can let you win stuff, and gives you news. check it out here

12. satchmo

satchmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 02 Blueroom thing is pretty cool - I only signed up to 02 last week; downloaded the Blueroom icon at the weekend and then this morning saved myself a tidy sum on theme park tickets for my brother's birthday bash. I know we're a bit old for that kind of thing but it'll probably delay the onset of the alchohol - which is definitely a good thing where my brother and his mates are concerned !!

Check the link !

http://blueroom.o2.co.uk/alerts/download_flash.aspx

Cheers - satch. :thumbsup:

13. Dr Diversity

Dr Diversity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Virgin Mobile do it for me, very pleased with the last two years

14. superman22

superman22
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    really???
    one of my mates was with virgin,a nd was always miffed that he could never get signal, i think ill stick with my o2

15. JackCookson

JackCookson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found Virgin good and once I was told about o2 online payg with 1mb free + 300 txt messages free with a minimum £10 top up I changed, keeping my number and everything. Later I found out the GPRS data calls although cheaper with o2 were limited to WAP Browsing rendering the email client and full internet browser which I frequently used useless (These services are only open to pay monthly customers as a credit check on my address came up bad I was stumped). I am v miffed about o2, I even thought of changing back to virgin. I hear Orange isn't too good because of the expense. Could anyone recommend a payg service provider which isn't limited to WAP/MMS only for GPRS data? :lease: