• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best Parts for build?

ReddUK

Standard Member
Hi all,

After using these forums a while and gaining a lot of useful knowledge I'm going to build my next PC. (Not built one for quite a few years now - hope I haven't lost it lol)

Im buying parts through Ebuyer as we have a business account.

Take a look at this & see if everything is best for the overall price.

I've got Win 7 coming so dont need an OS. I will need Bluetooth KB & mouse though. Around £500 total

2hgef4o.jpg

Meskell

Standard Member
Hi all,

After using these forums a while and gaining a lot of useful knowledge I'm going to build my next PC. (Not built one for quite a few years now - hope I haven't lost it lol)

Im buying parts through Ebuyer as we have a business account.

Take a look at this & see if everything is best for the overall price.

I've got Win 7 coming so dont need an OS. I will need Bluetooth KB & mouse though. Around £500 total

2hgef4o.jpg
Would you trust such a low Watt PSU with such expensive kit? I imagine it wouldn't be the safest piece of kit ever.

Are you showing the "ex-vat" price as well? As the CPU you have posted is only 123.92 ex-vat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 293381

Hi

Good choice of components - up-to-date and well balanced.

I'm also a little concerned about the choice of PSU. You might get away with it but IMO you need at least 500W and a quality named make PSU.

To keep the cost down and have a quality modular PSU, have a look at the OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W. About £52 including VAT.

Note that with low wattage PSUs you will not be able to overclock the system. I am assuming this is not your intent.

Alan

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
The only other thing to mention apart from the PSU is the graphics card, it may hold the 955 back a bit if gaming

What is the system intended for and if gaming then what resolution?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom