1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Panasonic Viera and E100 Connection

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by gardenhopper, Dec 31, 2004.

Tags:
  1. gardenhopper

gardenhopper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic Viera TH-37 TV and a Panasonic DMR-E100 DVD recorder and that's it, nothing else. I'd appreciate some advice with the following:

1) What's the best way to connect the two together?
    2) Is scart better or should I use the S-Video and separate Audio/Video cables?
    3) Will S-Video and separate cable still enable Q-Link?
    4) If scart is better, what terminals should I use? One manual says 1-2 and one says 1-4???????????????

I wouldn't ask such a basic questions. It's just that the manuals contradict themselves and I can't get through to Panasonic UK.

Thanks,

gardenhopper.

Edited to add Q4

2. kilch01

kilch01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    garden hopper you need a good couple of scarts and connect E100 RGB to AV1 on Veira and then AV4 on Veira to AV2 on E100 and use AV4 to output Freview to E100 for recording freeview (in composite)

4. gardenhopper

gardenhopper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the help.

hornydragon, i tried as you suggested and it seems to disable the channel ^ and down buttons on the remotes. also, q-link requires a connection between av1(dvd) and av4(tv) which is not present.

i also have the problem that no matter what i do, the dvd tunes the 5 analog stations (and will only record them). i cant get it to see the dvb stations.

these panasonic manuals are awful.

GH.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    sorry you need to set AV4 to DVB out to see FV channels on AV of E100 and then its internal tuner will allow 1-5 recording set Qlink to AV1 if you want to use it....

6. gardenhopper

gardenhopper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hornydragon,

youve been a great help so far but would you mind reading through the following:

the av1 of the E100 is set to send rgb to the av1 of the viera which is set to recieve rgb so the playback of dvd seems fine.

the av4 on the viera is set to send audio/video out (it wont support rgb out) to the av2 of the E100 which is set to recieve audio/video so that connection is fine.

the problem still is that the q-link functions wont work as they require a connection between av1(E100) and av4(viera).

so i cant get pure rgb send and recieve because the viera has no rgb out, i cant use the two scart connection you described because i loose q-link, and the worse thing is i have now way of recording DVB unless i use the "monitor" function that records whatever is being watched on the tele itself...............gutted.

stu.

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    that is correct sacrifice RGB for DVD or get Q-link working
    the newer E85/95 models output component so AV1 on E85 coonects to AV4 for Q-link but Replay is done over the component output to AV4C on veira and can still use AV2 of E85 to AV1 on veira (hence my initial confusion) you are a bitc stuck mate (work arounds possibly but ugly....) hope this helps some what

8. gardenhopper

gardenhopper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hornydragon,

i checked the E85 spec again and it has the same rgb ins and outs as the E100. the problem is with the viera not having rgb out on av4 and the E100 not having q-link in on av2. catch 22. one scart between the viera's AV4 and the E100'S AV1 is the only option

but by far my biggest problem is that the E100 doesnt have an internal DVB tuner or the have the option to connect an external DVB tuner so, to put it simply the VIERA/E100 combination wont allow DVB recording.............gutted

please someone step in and tell me this aint true.

cheers for the help dude,

stu.