best palsma for under 2k ?

182_blue

Established Member
Reaction score
As title really, what the best tv to get for under 2k, i will hopefully get it from John Lewis, tell me whats best to get please :) , theres so so many

Last edited:
It's either a Pio436, Panny PX600 or a Hitachi 9700 for that budget if you can't afford a Fuji 58 series panel :smashin:

Demo them all again and again on different sources vefore taking the plunge :lesson: Watch them all with different feeds and get your eyes busy to make the choice :rolleyes: Though you won't regret any of the above telly's ;) Search here the different threads related to those models :D

Hope this helps :hiya:

182_blue said:
As title really, what the best tv to get for under 2k, i will hopefully get it from John lewis (as i work there), tell me whats best to get please :) , theres so so many
If you want a 50" on your budget the LG 50PX4D is highly recommended. Excellent picture quality and feature set, and a fantastic price. Not sure if you can get it from John Lewis, but it's worth finding out.

Reviews:
http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=6536

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=6590
camorra said:
It's either a Pio436, Panny PX600 or a Hitachi 9700 for that budget
The LG 50PX4D is definitely better than the Hitachi, arguably better than the Pioneer, and only narrowly behind the Panasonic - but it's got 8" over all of them. There is also a 42" model (the LG 42PX5D) and I'm fairly sure that the same applies as with the 50" model.
camorra said:
Demo them all again and again on different sources vefore taking the plunge Watch them all with different feeds and get your eyes busy to make the choice Though you won't regret any of the above telly's Search here the different threads related to those models
Couldn't agree more. Everyone here will have a recommendation, but it's what looks best to your own eyes. As said though, you won't regret any of the above models.

From what I have demoed (apart from Hitachi which I haven't) then Panasonic 42PX600 is the one to look at.

What's your viewing distance? I know someone who bought a 50" plasma, and they sit like 1.5m from the TV, and everyhting looks crap LOL!

so,ash

would you say the phd8 gives a better picture than the px6 series

as i'm seriously tempted to order one from john lewis,today, with that discount code thats floating about

i'm not bothered about speakers or freeview and just want the best possible picture

thanks

chris1976 said:
so,ash

would you say the phd8 gives a better picture than the px6 series.....i'm not bothered about speakers or freeview and just want the best possible picture

Yes, but JL don't do it as Horny says!

chris1976 said:
would you say the phd8 gives a better picture than the px6 series

I haven't compared them side by side, sorry. Quite a tough one, but that PX600 from JL iwth 5yr Warranty and 20% off is a tasty offer.

HornyDragon is probably the guy to answer this debate. Seems to be the Panny guru on here...

bugger
seems i'v missed out on the code from jl,wouldn't care i nearly bought the px600 1 o clock this morning

so the choice is between px 60/600 or phd 8 or should i wait for the phd 9

ashmufc said:
I haven't compared them side by side, sorry. Quite a tough one, but that PX600 from JL iwth 5yr Warranty and 20% off is a tasty offer.
Inded it is a good offer (is better than the best pricematch?) but it isnt the best PQ if you want taht lok elsewhere (doesnt mean a PX600 is a a good telly but compared to what you do with a panel like PHD8 is so much better i would rarely reconmend the PX "veira" over the PHD

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom