Best order to watch the DC films

SuperSam

Established Member
Reaction score
I've always liked a Batman & Superman movie but held off from watching the latest incarnations but I am about to take the plunge & marvel (see what I did there) at their 4k beauty.

What is the best order to watch these 4 movies in to tell the most coherent story ala Star Wars machete order?

Superman MOS
Justice League
Wonder Woman
BvS

In release order seems best? BVS follows on directly from MOS and JS from BVS (more or less). Perhaps watch Wonder Woman first. (You forgot Suicide Squad ;) )

Man of steel>wonder woman>batman v superman>suicide squad> justice league

I haven't got SS.. do I need it?

It has it's critics, some of whom make very good points, but I had a lot of fun with it and it has a great soundtrack and some very good performances.

WW, MOS, BVS, JL. Don’t bother with Suicide Squad, say what you like about the other films, but SS has literally zero redeeming features.

I never watched SS and not had any bother with continuity.
Man of steel>wonder woman>batman v superman> justice league. Even though BvS came out before WW, WW story happens before BvS.

I never watched SS and not had any bother with continuity.
Man of steel>wonder woman>batman v superman> justice league. Even though BvS came out before WW, WW story happens before BvS.
But opening of WW
references BvS though. ie Bruce Wayne sends WW the WW1 photo he saw of her in BvS as a gift to her

But opening of WW
references BvS though. ie Bruce Wayne sends WW the WW1 photo he saw of her in BvS as a gift to her
There is that but WW will introduce her to the viewer when she turns up in BvS.
If BvS came out before MoS and Batman at the start of MoS refered of something in Superman's past and then MoS unfolded, it's sort of the same thing.

There is that but WW will introduce her to the viewer when she turns up in BvS.
If BvS came out before MoS and Batman at the start of MoS refered of something in Superman's past and then MoS unfolded, it's sort of the same thing.
I always prefer to watch related films (first watch) in the order they were released as inevitably watching them out of release sequence always throws up spoilers & things you weren’t supposed to know yet (when you’re watching the first film), that will lessen the impact of some scenes when you watch the earlier film later on.

Most famous example everyone knows, if you watch the Star Wars prequels before the original trilogy, then the big reveal in Empire becomes a non event. Watch films in release order & all spoilers/plot twists/story development etc are kept intact as they were originally intended.

I always prefer to watch related films (first watch) in the order they were released as inevitably watching them out of release sequence always throws up spoilers & things you weren’t supposed to know yet (when you’re watching the first film), that will lessen the impact of some scenes when you watch the earlier film later on.

Most famous example everyone knows, if you watch the Star Wars prequels before the original trilogy, then the big reveal in Empire becomes a non event. Watch films in release order & all spoilers/plot twists/story development etc are kept intact as they were originally intended.
I'm not saying your wrong its just the way Id watch them.

Thank you for the replies.

I have plummed for WW, MOS, BVS & JL.

The WW pic is fantastic!

I haven't got SS.. do I need it?

I enjoyed it. It's not a great film but it's better than Bats Vs Supes and Justice League in my opinion. I don't recall any bits of it making an essential film to watch continuity wise. If you decide not to bother it shouldn't spoil your enjoyment of the others.

Bri

Google "Star Wars Machete order."

If you’re standing over a bin and letting them go, it doesn’t matter which order you watch them in:devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom