Best options for £1.5-£2k TV for mainly gaming.

Angus02

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering what the current best options for this just now.

Ideally to be as big as possible so was thinking 55-60-65

Ross

Last edited:
Panasonic VT65 in 50" 55" and 65"
Panasonic ZT65 60" (bought last week at £2400 down from £3800) best tv ive seen though the VT range will do you for games.

Sony W905 led tvs, very low input lag, even slightly lower than the above panasonics and a good price now, though imo for overall picture quality, and a screen with very little problems, the panasonics are the winner, but just for games, these sony w9's at current prices
46" £899 john lewis
55" currys £1250

Both were double that price 6 month back.

You cant go wrong with any of the above, though the 60" ZT is the best screen on the planet imo for overall picture quality.

Thanks for the reply.

My son will be doing a bit of gaming on it as well so was a bit concerned with some screen retention/burn with it being a Plasma.

On the Sony I take it the model is

SONY BRAVIA KDL55W905 Smart 3D 55" LED TV
Any other options on 65' screens ?

Ross

Sony seem to be top dog for gaming, not as good a tv overall as the w906 and rather more expensive, but here's a 65"

Buy Sony Bravia KDL65W855 LED HD 1080p 3D Smart TV, 65", NFC with Freeview HD online at John Lewis

I'd certainly want a 5 year warranty if spending over a grand on a tv, so anything from currys would be out. Try a sony centre if one nearby or richer sounds. There were rumours john Lewis had a stock of 55w905 for an Easter special but totally unsubstantiated. Could hang fire for a few days, but they'll be snapped up quick so be alert!

Sony 905 for gaming, warranty wise you'll find it hard to find a set with a 5 year warranty now, though good to have they aren't a necessity, you have your consumer rights to fall back on.

If you want to go bigger you might still be able to find a Panasonic VT65, I've gamed on plasma for years with no burn in problem, IR wise the VT is quite resilient and will only improve as the set ages.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom