Question Best option?

billy87mufc

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Right, for the last few years, I have used Virgin internet (fibre optic) and Sky TV.

But now, with losing a few hours at work, I am looking to cut the cost a little and was wondering if it would be best switching over to VM for TV as well as internet.

My current outgoings are:

Virgin internet 152MB - £39 (this can be downgraded also if needed)
Sky TV - £80 (This doesn't include movies and no interest.. does include multiroom)
BT Sport - £16.50

Total: £135.50

I can't seem to find any sort of way to build your own bundle on the VM website plus existing customer offers always seem to vary from new customer offers so ideally was looking to see what some of you guys on here pay for VM services.

I would require Internet, TV with Sport channels and two boxes (one upstairs and one downstairs). I do not require a phone line.

I would also ring and try find out through VM directly, but talking to some indian doesn't really do it for me :D

That's a lot of money!!

Couple of options - BT internet means you get BT sports free with any sky package (so changing internet to BT will mean no extra for sports).

With sky check sites like top cash back (I just signed up and got 25% off along with £75 credit to my sky account and £105 cash back to my bank). That's with a basic package so bigger packages mean bigger cash back. (You might need to cancel and use a partners name etc)

You can build you own bundle and check the prices here:

Virgin Media | Check your postcode

Simply enter a different postcode than your own as opposed to entering that you are an existing customer.

The one major drawback you'll have with going with VM for your TV provision will be the loss of Atlantic which VM do not and cannot carry. Atlantic is exclusive to SKY.

You should get a much better deal because of the discount bundle deal VM will offer you for subscribing to all their services.

Last edited:
Thanks for that.

The loss of atlantic is no issue to me at all as I don't watch much TV apart from the sports channels.

Got to admit in my opinion sky gets my vote for all services especially tv.
Sky TV is just way better than virgin the speeds on fibre are fine and no throttling like virgin. I'm sure if you give sky a call they will offer you a deal. Just got my pal a 50% deal on his tv by ringing up etc. Sky do offer 50% discount to new customers especially virgin ones

I did ring both in the end, Sky would only give me £10 off of what I was paying already.

I rung Virgin and they could save me £35.

They are coming to install tomorrow.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom