Best option for recording from V+ box to DVD

edmiston

Standard Member
Reaction score
I transfer a lot of sport I record from the Virginmedia HD box to dvd. The quality via scart is ok but there is a small quality difference when comparing it on the HD box. The scart leads I have are silver and reliable.

What would give me the best quality? I was advised about a gold olated RGB scart by Richer sounds which cost £20 or is it better to transfer to my PC. I dont know what kind of cables i would need.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

There will obviously be a drop in quality as it's no longer HD. The transferred content will be SD. If your SCART is good quality, I would double check the settings to ensure that it is set to RGB output and that your DVD recorder can accept RGB.

As for your PC, you would need some form of capture card etc.

There will obviously be a drop in quality as it's no longer HD. The transferred content will be SD. If your SCART is good quality, I would double check the settings to ensure that it is set to RGB output and that your DVD recorder can accept RGB.

As for your PC, you would need some form of capture card etc.

I don't think it will ever have been true HD as the only HD on V+ is BBC HD channel! The V+ box does a pretty good job of scaling up to HD though, and yes it will be going from digital to analogue back to digital when it is recorded.

Thanks for your responses. I realise the content isn't HD, I just meant watching the footage that is stored on standard definition on the V+ box.

After transferring to DVD in standard definition it is then I compared the footage and noticed a slight descrepency

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom