Best Opening Scenes in Movies ?

the_pauley

Banned
One of the best and most imitated ('The Player', 'Bonfire of the Vanities', etc), but never bettered, opening sequences in any movie has to be in Orson Welles' 'Touch of Evil', where we take a trip through an entire town in a single unbroken camera movement.

And incidentally Garrett, that opening sequence to 'Star Wars' that you refer to as "...much copied..." is in fact itself copied from '2001: A Space Odyssey' (one of Lucas' favourite movies). Watch the scene where we first see the 'Discovery'.

B

bobbles

The start of Austin Powers 3 was jaw dropping just for the amount of cameos

Lex

Novice Member
Originally posted by the_pauley

And incidentally Garrett, that opening sequence to 'Star Wars' that you refer to as "...much copied..." is in fact itself copied from '2001: A Space Odyssey'
:eek: I didn't notice a Stardestroyer in 2001 :eek:

Geezer

Novice Member
Originally posted by mieville
Once Upon a Time in the West - (waiting for the train.)
Way of the Gun - (outside the club.)
Love way of the gun, the opening is brilliant.

sraper

For me its got to be "Contact" I just love the zoom out from Earth through the entire universe and out of Ellies eye.

Lex

Novice Member
My favourite opening scene is Eyes Wide Shut: Nicole Kidman turns her back to the camera and then drops her dress... class! :devil:

BadAss

Banned
Perv!

Desticado

Originally posted by BadAss
Perv!
no, that would have been Tom Cruise turning his back on the camera and dropping his dress.... :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom