Question Best OLED with swivel stand ??

thesquale

Hello all,

Owner of the amazing Pioneer PDP-LX5090H plasma for close to 12 years now. I remember i paid 4,000 Euros back then for it ! crazy !!! But what amazing piece of kit. And still working flawlessly !

But with boxing day sales, being stuck at home (self isolation...) and partner pushing for something not as "imposing" in the living room....I thought i would look at replacing it with an OLED.

I am sitting about 8.5 feet from the screen and figure out the 55' OLED size is the same overall size than the 50' plasma i have. Unless someone tells me i am too close for that screen size. I am only watching films and tv series.

BUT I need a swivel stand...

From what i read in the forums and browsing, it seems the Panasonic TX55HZ1500B is my best bet (and in my price range) ?
Any other opinions or advice ?

Thank you all and a late merry xmas to everyone !!!

robotron

You could buy pretty much any brand of TV and fit a swivel stand to it.

Something like this would do the job:

Amazon product
The LG CX tends to be the best reviewed of the 55" OLEDs, and is currently in the sale for £1299 at Richer sounds. You can get an extra £50 off with a discount code.

thesquale

You could buy pretty much any brand of TV and fit a swivel stand to it.

Something like this would do the job:

Amazon product
The LG CX tends to be the best reviewed of the 55" OLEDs, and is currently in the sale for £1299 at Richer sounds. You can get an extra £50 off with a discount code.
thanks !

took the plunge earlier on the Panasonic...oh well, that's a good idea though. can always return it and follow your idea.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom