Best oled for game and hdr Gaming

loading80

Established Member
Reaction score
hi i want to buy an OLED for exclusively Gaming use, which do you recommend between LG C8 and Panasonic fz800/950? Thank you

I too would be a bit wary of buying an oled just for gaming. I game 2-3 times a week on my Philips oled and have some screen burn from the static HUD (from destiny) it’s got to the point that I can see it in normal content. It’s a hdr game and so I game in hdr mode. My previous 2 oleds I gamed with the same habits and never had a hint of screen burn.

manufacturers advise that the oled displays need to show varied content so I do not think it’s the best choice.

Would it show the best picture? Well yeah I personally think so. Games like horizon zero dawn and destiny 2 are stunning!

There are a lot of threads recently regarding oled burn in that you can get further information and in all cases it’s due to static bars and/or static images.

Last edited:
For me the OLEDs are the best TV to play, but I am undecided on which model between the 2 is the most suitable

Well as long as your aware of the issues and decide to ignore the manufacturers guidelines then that’s fine.

Personally i’d Actually go for the cheaper b8 over the c8. The c8 has the better processor but if it’s excluslively for gaming, a lot of these benefits are actually bypassed.

It doesn't really matter between the two. Both are very evenly matched for peak brightness, input lag and everything else you'd care about for gaming. The Panasonic has better colour accuracy and motion interpolation, but those aren't particularly relevant to gaming. The LG has four full-bandwidth HDMI ports and Dolby Vision support, which can be relevant depending on your setup. I'd probably go for the LG for the connectivity alone, since the Panasonic's major strengths are geared towards movie viewing.

Even though I live the picture a oled gives,I would certainly not spend money on one just to game on. The chances of burn is very high.

But if I was going to buy a oled just to game on I would just buy the cheapest one as you won't see any difference between them at all.

Makes sense just to buy a good gaming LCD especially if you can get one even cheaper than what oleds go for.

A good LCD costs almost as much as an OLED, at the same price I prefer by far the visisa quality of an OLED

Sony A9F has stunning PQ. Yes it costs an arm and a leg but it also has the highest color volume out of all OLEDs and will make games really pop. IMHO, Sony's Dynamic tone mapping is best in class as well. Several small improvements over something like LG's C8 make the price worth it.

I got the Hisense 55u7a for gaming on my Xbox one x, I’m glad I took a chance with it, no lag even on call of duty bo4, battlefield v and Forza horizon 4, the picture is stunning, hdr is amazing too, absolutely love this tv, couldn’t really fault it.

One thing to add about the Hisense TVs is they are ULED witch is their version of OLED and don’t seem to suffer from screen burn.

Hisense ULED is just LCD with and LED backlight and local dimming zones isn’t it? Nothing like OLED at all (not that there is anything wrong with that - I purchased a FALD LCD TV over an OLED due to the amount of gaming I do myself)

Hisense ULED is just LCD with and LED backlight and local dimming zones isn’t it? Nothing like OLED at all (not that there is anything wrong with that - I purchased a FALD LCD TV over an OLED due to the amount of gaming I do myself)
And what are the blacks / hdr like?

And what are the blacks / hdr like?
Excellent (Panasonic TX65-DX902, so no Dolby Vision though).

It’s the only LCD tv I’ve ever thought really came close to plasma. I’ve no doubt OLED produces a better picture overall, but for gaming use, I wouldn’t want one.

Excellent (Panasonic TX65-DX902, so no Dolby Vision though).

It’s the only LCD tv I’ve ever thought really came close to plasma. I’ve no doubt OLED produces a better picture overall, but for gaming use, I wouldn’t want one.
See that’s my issue. I game 2-3 hours a day: watch sport and watch movies. Varied use but concerns are HUDs burning in to an OLeD. I have an LG 2017 4K 55” tv but blacks are poor. Image is decent. Lag not amazing. Keeping an eye. Don’t need to upgrade but blacks frustrate me on this tv but OLED burn in makes me think otherwise

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom