1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best old low res camera?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by sohc, Jun 24, 2005.

1. sohc

sohc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i rember the first digicam i ever used. it was a sony mavica. it only had a reolution of 640x480, wrote pics right onto a 3.5 diskette. i still have a few shots that were taken with the camera, ive always been impressed with the color quality and the overall sharpness of the pics.

instead of buying a camera with rediculous 7megapixel specs, are there any older cameras that take outstanding pics at a nice cheap price (under $200 maybe?)?? 1 megapixel at least, i dont care about portability, some nice zoom would be nice, and a good macro mode.

thanks guys

2. mr jones

mr jones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    but technically 1 megapixel is too small to do anything with the images apart from small website use, its useless for printing.

3. mr jones

mr jones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    try ebay though, you'll probably find something in there thats dirt cheap that someones binning, i used to have an old 2megapixel fuji that was crap but did the job

4. sohc

sohc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its ok if its too small to print. 1mp is fine for me

5. RobertP

RobertP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Older cameras are also slow. My Kodak DC290 took some great 2mp pictures but there was a huge delay from pressing the shutter to actually taking the shot. They also eat batteries and write slow to the memory card - meaning you sit and wait to be able to shoot again.

You can get a recent new camera for near your price. As suggested already just browse ebay and then look at a review site for the pros and cons.