1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best offers?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Stampax, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Stampax

Stampax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Right, after a good few weeks of trying to weigh up the pros and cons of all different plasma models, i've come to the conlusion - I cant decide. I've also been into a few shops to see them, and decided in many ways the difference between screens is much of a muchness, the expensive ones are a bit better, and at the top end it seems the panasonic is better in some respects, whilst the pioneer is better in other respects.......

So - i've decided i'll just go for the best offer at the moment. So anyone aware of any great offers - free warantees, free dvd players/recorders/holidays/TV's/etc.

2. chimpmagnet

chimpmagnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I such got myself a 42PD7200 delivered from John Lewis. This came with a 5 year guarantee and the price matched it from Richer Sounds at £2060. Also you should be able to get a free portable DVD player from Hitachi for their promotion of War of the Worlds. Am currently chasing it up.

3. Stampax

Stampax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    That sounds tempting - def prefer to buy from a store rather than online, and especially a decent store that offers a warantee. So the free DVD player is a Hitachi offer rather than a Richer sounds one then?

4. chimpmagnet

chimpmagnet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Looks like JL don't participate in the free DVD player offer. Sad that, to think it wouldn't even cost them a penny as Hitachi would send it out. Oh well no great loss anyway.

Am well happy with the plasma. Watching a movie the other day through my PS2 no less!! :eek: ) and it was amazing, it felt like I was sitting in a cinema.

Get it, I can definately recommend it after my experience!

BTW some people got L to match Richer Sounds at £1999.95. JL charged £60 delivery that RS would normally charge.

5. Stampax

Stampax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Cheers - shame about the lack of DVD player but getting JL to match RS sounds good.