Best offer for HD dvd recorder?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Crazy Snake Man, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Crazy Snake Man

Crazy Snake Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

sorry for being a pain, just wondering what is the best dvd recorder with hard drive at the moment and if any one knew where they are doing best offers.

not fussed on - or + but do have some +rw discs left over from my philips player and would be good not to have to throw them away.

reliability is the main issue for new recorder as current player (philips) is very fussy and will now only record on one brand of rw and even that is start getting to the "disc error" message on 3 out of every 5 discs!!

sorry for waffling!

:lease:

ps - anything super around corner that is really worth holding on for?

2. Crazy Snake Man

Crazy Snake Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just seen RDXS34 toshiba at rgbdirect.co.uk and it is a stonking 160gb - has anyone got any reviews/opinons on this model and this suppllier

3. andye2004

andye2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Do a search of the forums for 'RDXS34' you should find all you need to know on the player, trying the same on RGB Direct should also answer that question.

The best deal I have seen for the rdxs34 was from Buy Your AV, I bought mine from there.

4. little kitten

little kitten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you plan to make a DVD recording that is over 2h 20 minutes long, you should go for the PANASONIC DMR-EH50 as it can record up to 4 hours on a single disc at high quality.

If your DVD recordings are less than 2h 20 minutes, or you plan to just use the Hard Drive, then the TOSHIBA RDXS34 is probably better, as it has lots of useful features that are not in the Panasonic.

This is a good website to look at to help you make a purchase:
    http://www.btinternet.com/~james_lancaster/whichdvd.HTML

This website will help you find the lowest price and reviews of suppliers:
    http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/