1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best of a bad bunch, I suspect ...

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Vodkasoda, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Vodkasoda

Standard Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi, I'm new here & looking for a bit of advice, if I may ... I live in Dublin so unfortunately don't have the vast range of choice that I used have in the UK.

I'm looking for a W/S TV and have narrowed my options down to 2 or 3 ... a Philips 32PW6517 (700 Euro), an LG RI32CZ10RX (800 Euro) and possibly a Mitsubishi Black Diamond, but I've seen some advice in these pages against the M-BD, so will probably opt for one of the first 2.

I'm just wondering if anybody would care to comment on either of those 2 models, either for or against, or give any opinions on which is best ?!?

2. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi Gary, I have been trying to make up my mind over which tv to buy for the last year!

I have finally bought the Philips 36PW9618 and I'm really delighted with it, no problems at all. I think the PW9617 did have some problems, I vaguely remember some talking about black bars on the picture. If you go to the Philips Pixel Plus Poll post and go back to early last year you will see the problems encountered with the PW9617. The PW9618 has also not been perfect (like all the major marque televisions, some sets are not good. like having a rogue new car! Philips are bringing out a new 32" television in the next couple of months, which really sounds brilliant. You may not want to splash out so much. The 32" PW9618 have been greatly discounted on the online television retailers, as a new model is coming out. I bought my television online and it was such a smooth transaction.

Sorry I don't know much about the LG R132CZ10RX. LG is no longer the cheap manufacturer or a few years ago, their quality now is excellent for domestic and electronic appliances.

Good luck with your purchase, Gary, happy viewing.