• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Best O2 tarrif for Data

scotsmac

Novice Member
I am currently a sim only contract with O2.
I will be using phone to Stream Spotify whilst driving.
What is best deal I can get for data usage for streaming Spotify.
I did here O2 had some unlimited data usage for Spotify but as of yet not found it.
Suggestions welcome

gcn504

Established Member
It would be an idea to roughly measure how much data you use in a typical week including streaming Spotify. You could do this in one of two ways:

1) Log on to My O2 (App or Webpage) at the beginning of the week and see how much data you have left of your allowance. Do the same at the end of the week and this will give you a fairly good idea of how much data you use in a typical week.

2) Most smartphones have a data counter. Reset it at the beginning of the week and see how much you've used. Not quite as exact as the above but will give you an idea.

Once you know how much you use in a week you can work out what you need a month. For example, no need to pay for 20Gb if you're typically only using 4Gb etc.

You might even find a PAYG sim is better as O2 offer data rollover on these and you could set it to auto top-up so it's like a regular pay monthly sim.

beechy06

Prominent Member
Don’t know if you’re open to moving as this isn’t O2 but i’ve recently renewed my Vodafone SIM only deal (with Spotify premium) and they offered me 115GB :eek: for only £22.95, thought they were having me on at first!

Not sure if its just for existing customers to retain but I barely had to make a fuss to get it (was getting 20gb for £22)

wiz

Distinguished Member
Wow, thought I did well at £33 \ month unlimited text and calls 30Gb data with phone. S9 note. Not O2 though

mikeycubed

Prominent Member
This is what I'm on with O2, been on sim only for a few years and gradually built up from 10gb for £17/month to this at 40gb for £25/month.

All done via the app, never had to call them just check my upgrade options every so often.

20190213_111840.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom