• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best new Vita packs

MrMav11

Prominent Member
Maybe buying a Vita for son, is there any new packs to buy recently or in near future? I want the new slim one btw.

Don't know much about Vita although reading up now. He has a PS3 and we have PS+ so have a few games from that as I "buy" them to keep in our account, even PS4 ones.

So any good packs, what else is a necessary purchase straight off, I've seen some memory card with 8 games included, maybe this is good idea to also get a memory card, and I suppose a carry case for safe keeping?

Thanks

Det

Distinguished Member
The new slim was just released so there may not be that many mega pack deals going round over there. Best bet is to just keep up with places like Argos or whatever to see if they have deals. And if it's a deal you're after, make sure you wait, cuz you'll kick yourself if you buy a week before they come out.

mikeyp

Prominent Member
Memory card is essential and go as large as you can.

This is the best I'm currently aware, but only of any use if you have a local store and it has stock!

MrMav11

Prominent Member
Memory card is essential and go as large as you can.

This is the best I'm currently aware, but only of any use if you have a local store and it has stock!
That is good cheers, he loves Lego (and me ), and we have one local-ish.

Thought they were more than this separate, the slim one anyway. Seems a good deal for 6 Vita games and a Vita slim

Noctis

Novice Member
The old one has better screen but new one has better battery. You can check on hotukdeals website from time to time for a good deal. Just like big memory card, you should not forget a screen protector either.

Det

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't say it's a better battery. More like the screen doesn't use as much power so it lasts longer. It would be good on FFX but as for other games I can't say I've noticed any issues with battery life.

mikeyp

Prominent Member
Noticed another one on HUKD today, £149 but uses a voucher code to get cost down to £129 (plus whatever you spend to get the value over £150 to use the voucher).

MrMav11

Prominent Member
Noticed another one on HUKD today, £149 but uses a voucher code to get cost down to £129 (plus whatever you spend to get the value over £150 to use the voucher).
That's a decent one to, maybe for the extra £15 Lego and a 16Gb card might be better I'm thinking though?

Det

Distinguished Member
If it was me I'd go for the deal with the bigger memory card tbh. I'm sorely tempted even though I already have a fat Vita.
More cushion for the pushin.

Stinja

Distinguished Member
... you should not forget a screen protector either.
May i ask: Why?

I've got mine naked, and no scratches or anything (it's kept in a soft pouch case). Unless there's a screen cover that stops reflections in sunlight, i'm wondering if its needed.

samtman

Prominent Member
I am the same none of my gadgets have screen protectors. Yet to scratch any of them. So if you look after your stuff what's the point. How to get rid of dust from all the nooks and crannies is a different problem I have though.

Det

Distinguished Member
I have a screen protector. It is scratched to hell and back. I'm an adult and take good care of my stuff, but I also don't want to worry about it.

I do put it in my pocket sometimes if I want to use it while I'm eating lunch in my office. It bangs up against my keys and stuff, lol.

There's nothing wrong with screen protectors. And if I ever want to sell (unlikely) then I can rip that protector off and throw on another one and be like "BAM! No scratches AT ALL!!!"

Sonic67

Banned
I have a screen protector. It is scratched to hell and back.

Doesn't surprise me. It was probably made from cheap plastic and costs a quid or two to make. I think the screen on a decent gadget tends to be made a lot better. I am not saying screens don't scratch as some do but I wouldn't look at a screen protector, see the scratches on it and then consider the device would be the same.

Det

Distinguished Member
The Hori screen protectors are honestly the best quality protectors I have EVER used. And I always use them with my phones, tablets, etc... (I have kids that like to grab things and use them as skateboards).

When I pull off this screen protector, the screen will be in mint condish. I know the screens nowadays are much better but they still scratch. If I can protect it from the 7,598 little scratches it has now with a screen protector.

MrMav11

Prominent Member
Missed this one now, seen another at Asda, slim and Lego pack 8Gb card for £141.

Think preferred Tesco one though as get a 2 year guarantee at moment.

MrMav11

Prominent Member
So £149 slim & Lego pack & 8Gb & 2 year warranty or

£141 slim & lego pack & 16Gb & 1 year warranty, that's choice now.....?....

MrMav11

Prominent Member
Well decided on getting the lego pack and slim and 8Gb card from Tesco for £149, as comes with 2 year warranty, also ordered a 16Gb game mega pack with 10 games, LBP etc and a 16Gb card for £27 so should be enough for now hopefully for him!

Think just need a screen protector and/or accessory pack now as also want a case....

Det

Distinguished Member
Hori protector. Best one out there. And congrats.

Det

Distinguished Member
It'll do you, but personally I mixed and matched because I wanted quality. That's not to say that isn't quality, it's just not the "best" quality, if that makes sense. You won't go wrong getting it. But make sure it suits your needs.

mikeyp

Prominent Member
Well decided on getting the lego pack and slim and 8Gb card from Tesco for £149, as comes with 2 year warranty, also ordered a 16Gb game mega pack with 10 games, LBP etc and a 16Gb card for £27 so should be enough for now hopefully for him!

Think just need a screen protector and/or accessory pack now as also want a case....
Sorry if it's too late to say this but swapping cards is a pain - better to go for 1 large one.

MrMav11

Prominent Member
Sorry if it's too late to say this but swapping cards is a pain - better to go for 1 large one.
I imagine it will be also but he'll get a 8Gb with the lego pack, hopefully all Lego games will fit on that 8Gb? Then I've bought the 16Gb also and so the other games will fit in that and some of out PS+ games hopefully. Hoping a firmware update comes to allow also to access the 1Gb internal on the slim in tandem with cards though.

Det

Distinguished Member
Highly doubt that firmware update will ever come. It's mainly to shut up those people who didn't know they needed to have a memory card to save games.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom