Best new amp for ma rs6 these days

Arf69

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys been out of the loop for about 3 years so i have no idea about amps these days.
Im looking for a new amp to satify my monitor audio rs6 5.1 with a bk Xls200 mkII.
My current amp is a Yamaha dsp 863se.
Is this system considered out of date or is it still considered a decent set up?

Ideally looking to pay 600-1000 for a gd amp and maybe buy a bigger bk sub

Cheers

I'd personally still rate you current setup. If I'd to suggest an upgrade from the 863SE then it would probably be either the Denon AVR3312 or the Marantz SR7005. Both of these are last years models and now discontinued, meaning that they are being sold as clearance items.

Thanks for making an effort to reply mate I appreciate that. Do u think there would be a major noticible difference ??

The 863SE was a very good amp (and still is) and you should take great care as to what you replace it with. New amps are now more about features than SQ and the 863SE was the very last Yamaha AV amp to ever have the SE treatment. The SE denotes special tuning specifically with the British market in mind. As such the 863SE is more comparable to the likes of the RXV1010 than the RXA810.

Ok well I'm not so much of a buff these days so if u had the choice of any of the 2 u mentioned or the yam which would you have. My main prob is to get good effects with my yam you have to blow its brains out and as u can imagine my neighbours love that. Someone said to
me with a better amp I might not have this issue. Could you confirm that??

Ok well I'm not so much of a buff these days so if u had the choice of any of the 2 u mentioned or the yam which would you have. My main prob is to get good effects with my yam you have to blow its brains out and as u can imagine my neighbours love that. Someone said to
me with a better amp I might not have this issue. Could you confirm that??

You can choose to use Yamaha's adaptive DRC with any of the Yamaha amps mentioned and this would make it possible to get the effects while playing audio at lower volumes. I would suggest using a higher grade amp with the MA RS speakers though so the RXA1010 would be my preferred choice. Either amp would be acceptable though.

Last edited:
cheers mate sorry about all the questions but is the rxa1010 much better than the dennon 3312??

cheers mate sorry about all the questions but is the rxa1010 much better than the dennon 3312??

The Denon has Audyssey room correction which to some is an advantage, others would suggest the Yamaha to have a superior build than that of the Denon. You'll probably pay less for the Denon and it does have a power advantage so I'd veer towards it rather than the RXA1010.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom