Best Music/concert films in Hi-Def

I watched the Dave Matthews blu-ray at the weekend, the Dobly True HD track is awesome. I wanted to show a few tracks to the missus to show off the speakers - we ended up watching the entire 2hr 40ms concert! Great stuff.

I watched the Dave Matthews blu-ray at the weekend, the Dobly True HD track is awesome. I wanted to show a few tracks to the missus to show off the speakers - we ended up watching the entire 2hr 40ms concert! Great stuff.

Thanks for following up with impressions of the disc - it sounds great! I assume you have a region A player? (hoping maybe the disc isn't actually region locked)

Anyone seen or have the David Gilmour Remember That Night Blu-ray, really want to get it but was wondering if it was any good, PQ and more importantly sound quality !

I'm awaiting a certain Jimmy Hendrix HDDVD I recently won in a comp not so far from here.... Can't wait to view it!

Robbie Williams - Live at the Albert Hall HDDVD, personally I'm sure the Sky HD broadcast was better in PQ terms.

The BBC Four Session are excellent especially the Tony Bennet & Ray Lamontagne concerts from the LSO St Lukes in London.

The BBC Electric Proms Paul Weller concert is excellent and so is The Who, whereas Paul Mcartney bored me after 2 mins - each to their own I suppose.

Thanks for following up with impressions of the disc - it sounds great! I assume you have a region A player? (hoping maybe the disc isn't actually region locked)

Unfortunately I did watch this on my HK PS3 - I'm guessing the region coding is correct.

Have to say that I think the Shakira disc is awesome, the 5.1 LPCM track is stunning and she is so easy on the eye, mostly sung in spanish but if you like her music thats not a problem, I actually prefer the spanish Oral Fixation album anyway.

The Justin Timberlake one is really good.

My vote is for Motorhead - Stage Fright HD-DVD :clap:

Not sure Lemmy was born for Hi Def though :rotfl:

Sounds superb!

Got the Queen Blu-ray - it's stunning - possibly the best looking HD release I've seen in a while.

Also got the David Gilmour Remember That Night disc, but not watched it yet. One thing though - it ISN'T in a standard Blu-ray box, but a cardboard DVD sized foldout case, with a Blu-ray style banner across the cover art.

Got these two myself.

Looking to order AC/DC also.

Anyone seen or have the David Gilmour Remember That Night Blu-ray, really want to get it but was wondering if it was any good, PQ and more importantly sound quality

Both top, but remember a lot is shot in almost pitch black, so there's a little grain in these parts.

Will be ordering Shakira and Nine Inch Nails or Queen on friday. Obviously Shakira is for the music:rotfl:. Not decided on which of the other two to get (Dont have an hdmi amp yet) have heard good reviews of both of them so will decide on friday.

Sound any good on the David Gilmour BD ? LPCM ?

It sounds superb mate, one of the finest I've ever heard in fact.. Supremely smooth and majestic. Fully recommend :)

It sounds superb mate, one of the finest I've ever heard in fact.. Supremely smooth and majestic. Fully recommend :)
Cheers mate, I think I need to buy it :D

Bloody expensive though :thumbsdow

Edit: I see movietyme have it for £13.99, anyone know if this will play in a Region B player ?

Edit Again: Locked to region A :(

I've just put Dave Matthews Blu-Ray in the blu-ray trading threads for £13

Awesome Dolby TrueHD soundtrack.

:)

Picked up ACDC last week, the sound rocks, but the picture isnt great, still a great disc though.. you really feel like your there listening to the PCM soundtrack.. brilliant workout for the speakers...

also bought Celine Dion a new day at. etc.. watched this saturday night..

now while i know she wont be or isnt everyones cup of tea, the picture quality is astounding as is the dolby true HD sound track..

one thing i found a little odd - the video is flagged at 1080i on the disc - but the review on highdefdigest suggests its 1080p? either way.. its a pretty good video transfer..

now to sneak in shakira for some balance :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom