Best multi-CD jukeboxes?

Kinsey6

Standard Member
Reaction score
I hope I've placed this in the right forum...

Anyway I was wondering if I could please get some advice regarding what the best/some of the best multi-CD jukeboxes are (preferably ones that will play SACDs and HDCDs). I have an Oppo BDP-93 but want to be able to listen to my CDs without having to get up and change them constantly.

Thanks in advance

Personally I think you may wish to investigate media streamers. I'm not aware of any CD specific changes, only the Sony Blu-ray one, but that may be a bit OTT, and you'll have far more success with streamed solutions for music.

Personally I think you may wish to investigate media streamers. I'm not aware of any CD specific changes, only the Sony Blu-ray one, but that may be a bit OTT, and you'll have far more success with streamed solutions for music.

OK I guess this is where my ignorance gets revealed... but why would I want a media streamer instead of a CD/DVD changer? I see the advantages in having everything in digital format, like being able to switch quickly from one song to another, etc., (though converting all my CDs to digital files would be a bit of a pain), but I don't want to lose even a small amount of sound quality, and I don't know how to convert CDs, SACDs, and HDCDs to digital files :confused: while maintaining their full sound integrity -- and that's my main priority.

Secondly, even assuming I'm able to convert the CD/SACD/HDCD to an exact digital copy without any loss of audio quality, isn't the fact the signal going through something relatively cheap like say a Roku going to degrade the sound signal some compared to a CD being played through, say, a Sony ES CD/DVD changer or an Oppo? (or am I just an idiot?)

And won't I also need to get a much better sound card for my PC too? (assuming I'm playing sound files from my PC?)

That was more along the lines of what I was originally thinking... so thanks for posting that. I want to see what Ian_S says about going digital w/ a media streamer though. He might be able to change my original plan.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom