Best MP3 player for under £140 ? ? ?

Fordy1

Established Member
Reaction score
As title, my trusty 4gb Sony mp3 is now full to the brim so I'm going to replace it with another MP3 player with at least 8gb, but what do you go for these days :confused:.
Really like the look of the ipod touch (8gb) but my last couple of mp3 players has been Sony with no problems at all.
So what's the opinion on what's best for my budget then, any takers ?.

Thanks, Mark.

As title, my trusty 4gb Sony mp3 is now full to the brim so I'm going to replace it with another MP3 player with at least 8gb, but what do you go for these days :confused:.
Really like the look of the ipod touch (8gb) but my last couple of mp3 players has been Sony with no problems at all.
So what's the opinion on what's best for my budget then, any takers ?.

Thanks, Mark.

For the extra £8 i'd get a touch but depends how much music you plan on putting on it and also games etc as 8gb will be easily swallowed up by that

id like to add to this thread without starting a new one...im new to the mp3 world..and i am also after the best mp3 player for under £140...im not interested in brand names etc..im just interested in the best i can get for my budget..this is what i want from it...

best quality sound (that is loud enough) am/fm radio, video if pos, decent size gigs

i would welcome comments from people who own (or have owned) a number of MP3 players for comparison (although all comments are welcome)..i must admit..i do like the look and feel of the ipods, but it just doesnt seem loud enough to me (dont know if this can be changed)..but if a can get a more reliable player that fits my requirements i am very open minded...im not restricted to xmas buy, as it is a treat for me..so im looking to pick up a bargain in the sales...thanks for listening

Last edited:
:hiya:

Number 3 person looking as well :)

I'm on the same budget of around £140, and don't really care about video playing (unless you can convince me otherwise) just mp3/wma, most important is sound quality.

:smashin:

Last edited:
Sony X1060 32GB player, they come with £50 cashback if bought today! The cashback offer ends today.

http://campaign.odw.sony-europe.com...s/SONY7922_Walkman_Cashback_Claim_Form_A4.pdf

thanks for that..is this any good though remember im new to the world of mp3. a little research has shown that this apparently blows the ipod touch out of the water! and the user reviews have all been very good. it does say on the form however that this offer runs out on 31/01/10..where as you have said it runs out today?, but thank you for pointing me in the right direction and the cashback offer.

edit: right i see what you mean..in the small print it says item must be purchased by teh 24th December 2009, as the receipt is required to claim cashback....sounds fantastic! ..but i cant get to a shop that sells this today :(

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom