Best Movies To Make You Jump Out Ya Seat (Yes with spoilers).

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Dr Force, May 7, 2007.

1. huwg

huwg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    The campfire scene in Dog Soldiers is the scene which put a dent in my ceiling.

2. jagdeepp

jagdeepp
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +551
    Those road movies where the main characters ended up deserted always scare the pants off me. Films which have made me jump include:

Wolf Creek
    The Hills have eyes (not the 70's one)
    Jeepers Creepers
    Jeepers Creepers 2
    The House of wax (some scary moments!)
    Texas Chainsaw massacre (remake - more dialogue and much scarier)

The Descent didn't really do it for me though it had one or two moments. I'm looking forward to The Hills have eyes 2.

3. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    The Ring (the proper version, not the ****** poor remake)

That creeped me out big time.

4. fluffrick

fluffrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It's such a cheap and manipulative moment, but the moment in the first "Underworld" flick where Kate Beckinsale is in a subway tunnel tracking one of the werewolves and inching close to the edge of a wall, a moment of silence and then a huge "Woosh!" as a subway train thunders by.

The 'all channels on Ten' soundmix in this film probably helped in that regard.

5. vexxed

vexxed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I watched Strawdogs last night and didnt see any scene that would make you jump, thought it was an ok film but as with all old films that get banned and re-released years later, you wonder what all the fuss was about when you watch them now, TCM and Maniac are the two of oldies that got banned that i think still hold their weight, cant think of many others.

The rat catcher in Strawdogs has such an dam annoying laugh, i'd of killed him even if he did nothing wrong.

6. vexxed

vexxed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    All great films dude but i thought Hills 2 was a bit naff, just an excuse to have more gore and not much else, the original Hills is so bad its unbelievable but the remake i think is one of the best recent horrors and by far the best of the recent remake trend.

Wolf Creek :smashin: "you just never know where i might pop up" brilliant :thumbsup:

TCM remake was great but personaly i dont think anywhere near as good as the original, the scene in the first original TCM when Leatherface has just smacked the guy over the head with a mallet then slams that sliding door shut sends shivers down my spine every time and easily one of my favourite scenes in horror film history.
    Im yet to see a more disturbing scene than Leatherface putting an obviously screaming girl on a meat hook, just imagine it OMFG.

7. W0LFIE

W0LFIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +964
    what about the classic scene from American Werewolf

The guy has the nightmare in hospital, wakes up shaken and Jenny comes in the room (Pwoar!) and opens the curtains only to get repeatedly stabbed by the Nazi Gas MAsk Wearing Serial Killer from his nightmare who keeps doing that high pitched screaming thing!!!! don't do it Jenny!

Then he wakes up again.
    :rolleyes:

8. Deleted member 92943

Deleted member 92943

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw the Japanese original version of the Grudge i think on Film 4 a while ago and i couldn't sleep properly for days. I was scared :censored: after watching that

9. onefunkypenguin

onefunkypenguin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    my mate jumped a mile in stir of echoes when hes sitting on the couch and turns round and the dead girl is there beside him! funny for me though!

i, rather embaressingly jumped at spiderman 3 during the week, cant even remember which bit but honestly hit the bloody roof! :suicide:

10. Figment

Figment

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    OK maybe not jump but I certainly winced when the guy at the bottom of the stairs standing against a white wall got both barrells also the scene with the guy ending up wearing a bear trap was pretty fidget making. :eek:

11. KenG

KenG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The end of Friday the 13th Part One. I saw it when first released. Put me off canoeing!

12. W0LFIE

W0LFIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +964
    hand out of the grave - end of Carrie
    Jason sits up behind sofa when JLC thinks she's killed him - Halloween

13. IndianaBlues

IndianaBlues

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    The Departed when the lift door opens after di caprio's captured matt damon...watched it twice and jumped both times :rolleyes:

Agree with previous posts on Signs as well, I had no idea what the movie was about before I watched it....

14. spencer_uk

spencer_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Yeah - my Mrs. screamed her head off at that bit and she is not normally a screamer... Watched it on a projector too which heightened the sense of claustrophobia. Really did surprise me as a film - thoroughly enjoyed it. Plenty of jumpy moments and really scary.

Other bits that made me jump - well in Aliens when a facehugger awoke in the science lab within the glass tube. Also there is a scene in Deep Blue Sea when Samuel Jackson is making some big heroic speech and then the shark launches out the water and eats him. That was truly suprising, made me jump and then could not stop laughing. Not particularly good as a film though.

Also the bit in Pulp Fiction where Vincent Vega (John Travolta) accidentally blows off Marvin's head in the car... again made me jump and very funny.

15. spencer_uk

spencer_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    didn't see the bits where other people mentioned Deep Blue Sea... glad I am not the only one... :)

... and come to think of it... it was a very enjoyable film that was just a wee bit silly...