Best monitor under £160

santosh123

Standard Member
What would be the best buy under £160

I am preferably looking for a LCD, led back lit. Or full LED if its in the price range.

Any suggestions??
I've been looking at thE

BenQ vw2420H and the
BenQ G2420HDBL

Thanks.

Also can anyone can any one telling what VA led is???? and what's the differance.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
What would be the best buy under £160

I am preferably looking for a LCD, led back lit. Or full LED if its in the price range.

There's no such thing as 'Full LED' (i.e. pixels that are LEDs) in desktop monitor sizes, LEDs aren't made that small, all screens are LED backlit LCDs. There are various types of LED backlighting, a screen can use edge-lit or direct backlighting and White LEDs or RGB LEDs so perhaps you've seen one of those marketed as full LED.

Also can anyone can any one telling what VA led is???? and what's the differance.

VA is a type of LCD, not a type of LED. In comparison to the TN-type more common at your price range they'll generally have better black levels (contrast) and better viewing angles (less distortion at the edges of the screen) but more ghosting from movement. The differences are easily noticeable, but not massive.

p.s. Ignore the manufacturer's claims on things like contrast, response time and viewing angles they're largely meaningless these days.

santosh123

Standard Member
i just bought the BenQ vw2420, have i made the wrong choice?!
how bad would the ghosting be?? say i was watching a bluray action movie on it or say a racing game. would I easily tell, how bad would i be?!

LJx

I don't think you will have any problems, at that price there is not really much between the monitors other than aesthetics and features.
I probably would have got one with speakers so i could use it for xbox to via HDMI, but that doesn't matter if using with PC/speakers

santosh123

Standard Member
never mind, i have just bought the acer, being cheaper and better, besides the tilty stand

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom