Best monitor for around £150-200??

EnShadow

Standard Member
Reaction score
I need a new monitor, preferably 22/24 inches. Mainly I'll be doing general stuff, programming, web design, a bit of photo editing and some gaming here and there. What's the best and most suitable monitor I can get for around that price range?

I'm using the Asus VH242 which is a 24" widescreen LCD monitor. It's pretty good for the money and has gotten some decent reviews for what you get. I spent around $250 which is around 160 pounds. I don't know what they call it in the UK but I think it'll satisfy your needs, especially if you calibrate it like I did.

The reason I suggested this monitor for you is because you said you're going to do some light gaming. If that's the case, then you need one that has a decent response time like this one. IPS panels are great but not so much when it comes to gaming. And, they're expensive. You're a general user so this is a general monitor.

Last edited:
In my opinion just buy any IPS Panel, and avoid TN panels.

You will be happy.

I agree that an IPS panel would be your best bet. However with a £200 budget you don't have many options (only 1 I think :) ). So I recommend looking at the Dell 2209wa and if you buy from my link you get a free 3 year pixel perfect warrenty :thumbsup:

Mark.

Hi Enshadow,

I spent a good 3 weeks of looking for a monitor and finally purchased the Dell 2209wa last week. Initial report is that it is fantastic and especially for gaming because the detail is superb.

Even if you are not viewing it face on there is no degradation in colour or detail. I haven't looked at all the settings but have a laptop connected to it via the analog connection and my XPS desktop via DVI.

Although I don't work for MarkE19's company I did purchase through them because of the zero dead pixel policy - it was the only vendor (that I could find) that offered this.

Let me know if you have any questions about the monitor.

Do they make a 19 or 20 inch in that type of screen and if so has anyone any links. Ta

Do they make a 19 or 20 inch in that type of screen and if so has anyone any links. Ta

Not that I could find - I think there is a larger screen but 22 is minimium.

No Snoop, they just started making the 22" in IPS screens.

It used to always be 24" and over.

Samsung would be a good bet to keep an eye out for.

Looking for a new screen preferably 19 inch as its only for web use etc. The main thing i would like is the clarity of text (like most laptops are) and a DVI input, got any pointers. I have looked at 20 inch screens but a bit too big for my needs.

Although I don't work for MarkE19's company I did purchase through them because of the zero dead pixel policy - it was the only vendor (that I could find) that offered this.
I don't actually work for PCBuyIt either - I am just a satisfied customer of theirs :thumbsup:

Mark.

Sorry MarkE

I managed to actually get their Silver monitor for the same price as the black via their Ebay store - £205 incl. shipping and delivered next day:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom