Best MMS/SMS Cydia App?

muffins

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As the title says really which would be the best to get?

BiteSMS impressed me when I used it :)

yep, bitesms provides a lot of functionality which the standard sms app doesn't have such as forwarding texts, landscape typing, tells you how many sms's you are sending based on number of characters typed so far and lots more...

Cheers guys. So Bitesms it is. I read that you have 30 days trial and then you need to buy a licence?

that's right. you can buy a lifetime licence for £3.95 (if i remember correctly)

The quick reply function in bitesms is the best part about it, send and reply to texts while in any application, absolutely brilliant!

bitesms is purely a sms app where as swirly mms is a picture messaging app

are you on o2? if so you can use the free mms available from the app store.

o2 Ireland, Well will be I'm in the process of procuring a almost new 8 gb iPhone, for very little money.:clap:

Will these Apps take over the default iPhone sms App when I receive sms and mms?

Will these Apps take over the default iPhone sms App when I receive sms and mms?

Interested in this too, or is it a standalone app? Also anyone know if Bite sms works with your network/contract inclusive texts :thumbsup:

Interested in this too, or is it a standalone app? Also anyone know if Bite sms works with your network/contract inclusive texts :thumbsup:

they are standalone apps. so you will still have your apple sms app and will be able to use that. you can use bitesms to use your inclusive texts. you have to select whether you want to use bitesms credit or your network allowance. so you can set it to use your network and therefore and inclusive texts/credit you may have.

The apps are standalone apps, but often they link into the same SMS database as the standard app. So when you install the app, it will contain your existing SMS messages from the iPhone SMS app.

Equally, if you remove the app you shouldn't lose your SMS messages, although you may lose any extra functionality stored within them.

So any incoming texts will be handled by bitesms or swirly?

Hi

I tried to download the trial version of swirly to test it out but it is asking me to buy a licence after the download ?

Have I missed something or is there no trial version ?

MP

Hi all, after just becoming the proud owner of the iphone 3g (now jailbroke with great help from the threads here) i to was dissapointed with the standard text app, so set about trying all the sms apps out there and found the best for me to be irealsms 2.0 from cydia ticks all my boxes as in it has full inbox outbox sentdrafts and template folders, plus forwarding quick send quick reply etc etc, for me this is a definite purchase once the trial is up :)

Hi all, after just becoming the proud owner of the iphone 3g (now jailbroke with great help from the threads here) i to was dissapointed with the standard text app, so set about trying all the sms apps out there and found the best for me to be irealsms 2.0 from cydia ticks all my boxes as in it has full inbox outbox sentdrafts and template folders, plus forwarding quick send quick reply etc etc, for me this is a definite purchase once the trial is up :)

You found this better than Bitesms?

Also another question, can I have multiple sms Apps?

I have a big problem. I always check cydia updates. well, unfortunately i end up looking at one of the new mms app, this new app came out today, i believe. I don't remember the name, but i think it was "ActivateMMS2G" or some"mms"some. But i installed it from cydia and iphone 3g reboot and now it doesn't reboot to home screen. The only thing that comes up is the logo screen, with in the next 3mins you'll see that is trying to load something it just turns off as if its going to reboot again and it keeps doing this over and over, it's been over 30 mins and nothing has happen. I've try to re-jailbreak the iphone, when trough the process with no sweat but it keeps doing the same thing. Any help guys? I will appreciated.

Well you've installed a hack specifically for the 2G OS3 handset, and you have a 3G, so I'd guess it's messed up your firmware and thats why it won't boot. That hack is designed for 2G handset users to activate the standard Apple MMS feature in OS3 which is unactivated/hidden in the firmware for 2G handsets (as Apple would like us to believe it's impossible - for hardware reasons - to send an MMS on a 2G handset)

So looks like your only option is to plug into iTunes, and do a full restore of the phone, then rejailbreak

And, in future, have a little search on here or other reputable forums before installing a hack or App that you know nothing about. I'm not trying to sound condescending, but you obviously didn't know what you were installing and what it was for, which isn't really a wise thing to do ;)

So looks like your only option is to plug into iTunes, and do a full restore of the phone, then rejailbreak

i've tried that but itunes doesn't recognized the hardware, not even the comp.

And, in future, have a little search on here or other reputable forums before installing a hack or App that you know nothing about. I'm not trying to sound condescending, but you obviously didn't know what you were installing and what it was for, which isn't really a wise thing to do ;)

i miss read. i miss the 2g name in the end. and there was no info. it was new.. lol but it was my fault for not reading.

Press the power button and home button,then itunes should ask for a restore.

Press the power button and home button,then itunes should ask for a restore.

thank you, someone already help me, and pretty much your on the dot. thank you for help though. someone link me to a youtube video tutorial of doing the process and i jailbreak the phone again, so now i just jailbreak the phone and now everything back to normal.

thanks again for the help.

the best thing i use and yes it free is viber or whatapp but you can only send it to some one who is useing the app:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom