1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best MiniDV camera? Progressive scan ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Panorama, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Panorama

Panorama

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a JVC DV9000 camcorder and am looking for a new one.
    I use the camera to produce panoramic images with SnapDV and am wondering which MiniDV camcorder gives the best image quality for less than £1000?
    I also have to de-interlace the files before I can make my panoramas. Are progressive scan cameras going to be available soon and if so will they solve this problem?

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Progressive scan DV camcorder is already available, but not within your budget. The new JVC GR-PD1 is a high resolution progressive camcorder but cost £1,869 according to the review in 'Computer Video'.

Have I just made you double your budget? :devil:

Mark.

3. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I dunno much (anything) about cams at present, but am trawlling the pages & net for info. I noticed that my favoured choice of cam at present offers something called progressive recording?? Is this the same as Prog scan. Having learnt about this when buying a DVD I know what this function is. If it is, you can pick up a Sony PC330 for less that £1000
    Thanks,
    Cliff

4. Panorama

Panorama

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers guys will check it out.