Best midrange sound bar for a 55" Samsung s95b

michael1965

Novice Member
Reaction score
I bought an 55" s95b. Pretty happy with it for my usage scenario. Used with a roku 4k streaming stick for film and TV viewing via streaming services only and some you tube.

I would like to improve my AV experience by getting a sound bar.

There's no way I want to spent as much on the soundbar as I did on the TV so I'm thinking £500 max. Less would be better.

Was tempted to go for a Samsung soundbar from a compatibility point of view e.g Q symphony feature. Samsung suggested q60t or q600. These seem far cheaper on amazon than on the Samsung store.

Some of the end user reviews seem pretty poor on these though

Can anyone suggest what I should prioritise on for this particular tv to what extent buying the TV makers soundbar benefits me? Perhaps I would get better audio performamce per £ elsewhere?

A week later..not been able to make any decisions!

I feel probably I would go for the Samsung Q600 because Q-symphony to me makes sense - why not use the TVs existing speakers as well. But I have no experience of soundbars in general.

However there are so many review comments along the lines of "it broke after half an hour".

It seems to be just that model - or perhaps just a few disgruntled owners making sure they post reviews everywhere.

Perhaps I should go up in the range if I can find it cheaper elsewhere.

Really would be grateful of some guidance please!

I’m not the greatest fan of soundbars, but if I had absolutely no alternative (I’d prefer a stereo amp & two speakers over a soundbar any day of the week), I’d opt for one of these…

DALI Katch One Audio Affair link…

DALI design and make their own drivers and they have a much better ear IMO than the usual suspects from Samsung, Sony & even Yamaha.

And the DALI is one of the few soundbars that can make a half decent fist of music too. Exceptional clarity for a one box design.

Last edited:
A week later..not been able to make any decisions!

I feel probably I would go for the Samsung Q600 because Q-symphony to me makes sense - why not use the TVs existing speakers as well. But I have no experience of soundbars in general.

However there are so many review comments along the lines of "it broke after half an hour".

It seems to be just that model - or perhaps just a few disgruntled owners making sure they post reviews everywhere.

Perhaps I should go up in the range if I can find it cheaper elsewhere.

Really would be grateful of some guidance please!
Ive recently bought the same tv with the Q600B in a all in one deal from Richer souns and it works very well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom