Best mid-high end soundbar for an open plan room

Sugger

Novice Member
Hi,

Planning to build a media wall along the lines of the below image in our open plan lounge/diner (see plan below). Was originally thinking of upgrading my soundbar to a SONOS arc or something similar but feel that such soundbars rely on reflecting sound off the walls and ceilings but my missing wall creates an issue. The TV will be positioned above an inset electric fire so need to squeeze a soundbar between these two. I am considering separates but no the trailing wires will be detested by my wife.

My TV is a 65" Samsung Q85R and I presently have a Yamaha YAS 306 soundbar but want to upgrade to some kind of front + rear sides + subwoofer setup. I know the one connect box of my TV also has its own connectivity issues with Atmos soundbars like the Sonos Arc. My budget is up to £800, and am willing to wait to Black Friday to see if any bargains appear.

What do people suggest are suitable options in this open plan setup? What is the best way to position speakers in this kind of room layout where one wall is missing to reflect the sound? Hopefully my crude drawing makes sense. TV to sofa is 3m and the whole lounge/diner is 10m long, with the lounge itself being 5m long.

View attachment 1579228

keithwiggins

Hi,

Planning to build a media wall along the lines of the below image in our open plan lounge/diner (see plan below). Was originally thinking of upgrading my soundbar to a SONOS arc or something similar but feel that such soundbars rely on reflecting sound off the walls and ceilings but my missing wall creates an issue. The TV will be positioned above an inset electric fire so need to squeeze a soundbar between these two. I am considering separates but no the trailing wires will be detested by my wife.

My TV is a 65" Samsung Q85R and I presently have a Yamaha YAS 306 soundbar but want to upgrade to some kind of front + rear sides + subwoofer setup. I know the one connect box of my TV also has its own connectivity issues with Atmos soundbars like the Sonos Arc. My budget is up to £800, and am willing to wait to Black Friday to see if any bargains appear.

What do people suggest are suitable options in this open plan setup? What is the best way to position speakers in this kind of room layout where one wall is missing to reflect the sound? Hopefully my crude drawing makes sense. TV to sofa is 3m and the whole lounge/diner is 10m long, with the lounge itself being 5m long.

View attachment 1579228
Check out the new sony ht-a9 this will solve your problem at a price.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom