1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Micro-System

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by roligan, Oct 20, 2005.

1. roligan

roligan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need a Micro-System for my son's room. I'm willing to pay up to GBP200 and by on ebay if necessary.

What do you consider best value for money. I would prefer if it has DAB and surround sound. Surround sound not a major wish.

Many thanks for all input.

Roligan

2. elwigleeno

elwigleeno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    As per the previous thread I'm looking to get one also in a similar range though without speakers.

If you don't want speakers, from what I can tell the Onkyo 505 is a good bet (220 quid from Richer Sounds).

There's also a Yamaha about to come out- the m170 I think, which (albeit from a guy who works at Yamaha) is better at filling a room than the Onkyo, and you can pick it up for around 170 quid (eg google Hughes Direct).

Also in the same bracket are the TEAC ref 250DAB and the Denon DM35- the former is around £190 , the latter £240. All apart from the Yamaha are stocked at John Lewis where you can go and listen, but when I went the sound was let down substantially by the dodgy speakers they had wired up.