Best Method For Headphone Netflix Please?

DJ Dave

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have just invested in a pair of Oppo PM1's, an Oppo HA-2 SE DAC and an Oppo UDP 203.

I currently have a 2TB Sky HD Box and a Pioneer 436XDE Plasma.

At the moment, this equipment is in my home study. I was previously streaming Netflix and Amazon Prime on my PS3 via HDMI to my Pioneer TV receiver.

I'm currently listening to my TV programmes (and Blu Ray discs) using the headphones plugged into the DAC, which is connected to the TV receiver via a twin RCA lead to 3.5mm jack.

Now that I have temporary binned the PS3, I have nothing to stream Netflix or Amazon. Can someone make a suggestion as to what I could use? I'm not too keen on Sky Q as I've read reports about lip sync issues which I 100% do not get on the HD box.

Also, am I doing the right thing to get the most out of the equipment? Thank-you in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Have a read through the Video Streaming Boxes & Services sub-forum of the Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders forum which is really where your query should have been placed.
Something like an Amazon Firestick or box or Now TV, Roku Streaming stick/box etc will give you those services.

Thanks. Spent ages looking where to post it. Sky Q charge £10 for “Ultimate Demand” - Who in their right mind is going to pay that just to access Netflix?
I don’t really want to jig up the PS3 just for Amazon and Netflix. Plus my Pioneer Kuro receiver box only has 2 HDMI’s. Could get a HDMI switchbox I suppose.

Thanks. Spent ages looking where to post it. Sky Q charge £10 for “Ultimate Demand” - Who in their right mind is going to pay that just to access Netflix?
I don’t really want to jig up the PS3 just for Amazon and Netflix. Plus my Pioneer Kuro receiver box only has 2 HDMI’s. Could get a HDMI switchbox I suppose.

Firestick directly into the Oppo 203 hdmi input

Thank-you.
Haven't really looked at or grasped the stick technology! Do you lose any quality on the sound?

I think the chromecast is at least as good as the PS3 slim for streaming but the convenience factor is multiplied by x100 due to being able to use the smartphone or tablet to cast. It just means different routes for the headphone audio side as the PS3 slim has optical out, which is no different to using the TV to output sound when you think about it

Firestick directly into the Oppo 203 hdmi input

Hi. I have just tried this and nothing comes up. I have the Oppo set to HDMI in and all I'm getting is a blank screen. The firestick is powered up and the Oppo is connect to the TV tuner via HDMI for the BLu Ray. Am I missing something? It should be working.

and the Oppo is connect to the TV tuner via HDMI for the BLu Ray

That doesn't make any sense or do you mean you have it connected to the TV's AV input (the HDMI input your Bluray is plugged in to?)
Try the Firestick directly plugged into the TV.

That doesn't make any sense or do you mean you have it connected to the TV's AV input (the HDMI input your Bluray is plugged in to?)
Try the Firestick directly plugged into the TV.

No, the Firestick works ok plugged directly into the TV Receiver's HDMI, but I thought it would also work in the HDMI in on the Oppo as I thought it might do a better job with the audio.

I was also trying to not have to keep unplugging the Oppo as I only have 2 HDMI's on the Pioneer's TV receiver. One has Sky HD plugged in and the other has the Fire stick at the moment, but obviously I have to unplug the Oppo HDMI lead.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom