best media player with hd audio passthrough

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by bruny, Nov 29, 2010.

1. bruny

bruny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    hi all
    i'm looking for a media player/streamer that does dts hd,dd hd passthrough to my av reciever which is a yamaha rx-v2065. any suggestions as to which can do this would be much appreciated. budget up to £200

cheers in advance bruny

2. alexhore

alexhore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try this site, I was looking at the Lacinema HD Mini/Classic if you use this link you can select them both and where you "select test" select "DTS".

The Classic was tested with a newer firmware and all forms of DTS were passed through. I am trying to find out if the new firmware for the mini brought out since the review enables passthrough for the rest. Sopme other players with the same chipset dont support so watch out.

If your buget it £200 It should not matter to you but I dont want to have to spend the extra on the hard drive unless I have to.

Product Face-Offs Media Centres - DigitalVersus

My thread..... http://www.avforums.com/forums/stre...ers/1366979-most-video-formats-supported.html

Good luck

3. alexhore

alexhore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry correction, they both support passthrough! I am looking at the converting down to stereo via HDMI options. The mini converts 6.1 and the classic converts all.... Still trying to find out if this has changed since firmware upgrade...

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,523
    Looking at all the media players that can do TrueHD/DTS-MA passthrough Here shows a list of 54 to choose from - although not all of them will be within budget.

Mark.

5. Mrs L

Mrs L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I believe the latest Mede8er's do it as well - iBoum need to update the list I think

Cheers

D

6. bruny

bruny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    thanks for your prompt replies,iboum seems like a good site,been looking at the neotv 550 by netgear.not released yet i don't think,but seems to tick all the boxes , so i'll wait for a review see what it's like.yeh mrsL heard the new mede8er is good too,wait for a review of that also