• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Best low profile surrounds?

n3mb

Novice Member
Hi All,

Just deciding on a little set up for my apartment. I am in a mixed dining/living/kitchen space so got some weird shapes/corners going on, also as I am in an apartment, so not looking to do anything huge in terms of volume.. Luckily I am in a top floor corner unit, so only ever going to upset one unit and that would be the one directly below.

To get me started I have bought a Marantz NR1608 receiver.. which I am sure will more than suit my needs for the very foreseeable future, to go with that a pair of Dali Zensor 1's which initially I will use for fronts.

My main question; I am limited for space on surrounds, and mounting is not an option. So does anyone have any advice on some low profile surround speaker/stand set ups for me to look at that would work with the the Dali Z1's in front.

As for center & sub I am also open to suggestions but it is most likely going to be Zensor Vokal for center, main question there being is whether or not the Vokal is too much for Zensor 1 fronts?

Sub may or may not come at some point as last addition depending on how satisfied I am.

Appreciate any input.

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member

DrHarvey12

Prominent Member
As for center & sub I am also open to suggestions but it is most likely going to be Zensor Vokal for center, main question there being is whether or not the Vokal is too much for Zensor 1 fronts?

Hi @n3mb

I don't see any issue pairing the Zensor 1's with the Zensor Vokal Centre. They both use exactly the same 5.25" woofers and 25mm tweeter so they should work together well.

With regards to a sub should you decide to go that route I would probably go for something like a BK XLS 200:

XLS200-FF

or possibly the BK XXLS 400 if your room is fairly large:

XXLS400-DF

Having owned the Dali E12-F subwoofer I wouldn't rate it as highly as either of the above two.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom