1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best link from Dv27 to amp?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by crobo, Oct 5, 2004.

1. crobo

crobo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    Can anyone help with this one? I recently acquired an ex-demo DV27 and I am over the moon with it. Although the PQ is fantastic with a plasma, the first thing I noticed was the improved sound quality on DVDs - I was hearing some sounds and channel separation for the first time. Now this is linked to a Denon 3802 using a decent-ish Ixos Toslink optical lead (£40 or so). However, the local hi-fi dealer tells me that a top-class coax lead would give much better results with the DV27 for DD or DTS. Does anyone have a feel for whether I can get much more out of this combination using different leads? Any advice appreciated.
    Colin

2. lowrider

lowrider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try the Apogee Wideeye coax, it sounds very good, much better than the Siltech I used before, and it is not expensive...

With your receiver I would also try an analog connection to use with CDs, as the player´s DACs might be better than the receiver´s, as long as you can live without bass management or DPLII...