Best left-handed mouse?

swoolcoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm left-handed and currently use a bog standard symmetrical mouse but fancy getting one of these top of the range fully featured new ones. Trouble is that most look like they are not symmetrical and so can only be used by right handers. Is that true?

Any other lefties out there that have solved this problem?

Thanks Stuart.:thumbsup:

Logitech MX610 LH duly bought.

Also went for the Logitech Desktop Wave keyboard to go with it.

Let's hope they're worth it.

OK I have now received and been using both the MX610 LH mouse and the Wave keyboard for about a week and can recommend both (although slightly pricey I suppose.)

Both are well made and very comfortable and customisable.

Oh, I thought I'd only ordered the Wave keyboard but it also came with a decent wireless mouse :rolleyes:......so I've got a spare.

My brother is a lefty and Xmas is coming up so I'm thinking a Logitech MX610 might be good for him.
He's into gaming so response time is something to think about.
Has anything new emerged since the Logitech MX610?

swoolcoc, if you're watching - are you still getting on OK with the Logitech MX610?

Thanks,

Matt

sucks being left handed don't it. Thankfully I learnt to use a mouse at a young age and have gotten better at using my right than my left. Same with using scissors and most other items.

Hi Matt,

not been around here for a while but yes I still like the MX610 very much (and the keyboard).

Hope Santa brought you one!

Well after speaking to my brother he said he didn't want a left handed mouse after all as he had always used his right hand for mousing and didn't think he'd be able to use his left very well.

So there you go, he ended up getting the Logitech Wave keyboard & mouse set instead.

Thanks though,

Matt

Sadly Its a right handed world, some people like me, who have to use left handed products because of a lack of fingers on the right hand, find It difficult, with things like mice contoured to fit right handed people, and things like camera`s, that always have the shutter button on the right hand side.

You get funny looks off people In stores when you ask for a left handed mouse.

I'm very left handed, but I've always used a 'normal' mouse in my left hand with no probs.

My missus is a south paw, she gets on well with the mx518 gaming mouse a treat.
Although she does not put it back in the orthidox position after use, usually results in some sparring :thumbsup:

About time someone released a left handed mouse.. All we need now is a left handed joystick and gamepad.. but don't get me started there.

razer do some great top end mice that can be used by the left hand.razer mice are up there with the best.i have the razer lachesis and i cannot fault it .

Im left handed and found the old razer boomslang 2100 to be the best mouse around. they arent sold in shops anymore but you can pick em up off ebay for next too nothing

razer do some great top end mice that can be used by the left hand.razer mice are up there with the best.i have the razer lachesis and i cannot fault it .

I actually was gonna post a suggestion for that very mouse but ya beat me to the punch. :smashin:
Great ambidextrous mouse. 4000dpi and custom settings out the ying yang.

Some interesting comments here.

I am 100% righthanded - until it comes to meeces - hence my seeing this post).

I just cannot use my right hand for mice,,, tho' I use it for everything else.
I am similarly looking for a cheapish L.H 5 button item.

I bought a Trust Laser 6500 last week, & it really is a great mouse,,,,'cept the two extra buttons on the left, that I keep hitting by mistake with the inside of my finger.

I asked Trust if they do a L.H version, but they say they don't do ANY Left handed meece !

sad sad world eh ?

good luck

I'm right-handed but have no problem using a mouse in either hand. Many times at work i moved my mouse to the left of my keyboard so i could access the number keys better and still navigate the screen. I've even tried it at home when gaming as i prefer the arrow keys to 'wasd'.
Is it really that hard (no sarcasm intended) to use a mouse in your other hand? I mean that to both left and right handed people. Or is it that I'm more
mousebidextrous than most.

Did a quick check and got this: http://www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk/ they have the Logitech MX610 and a mouse from Cherry along with left handed keyboards (number pad on left) and a utility to change the angle of your mouse pointer to slope to the right...

Hi All,
I have just bought the Logitech MX610 but cannot get it working. The power light on the mouse will only light for about 2 secs max. I've tried 2 different PC's, 3 lots of batteries and gone through the manual reconnection process. All has failed and i'm currently playing e-mail ping pong with Logitech support.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? It cost £40 odd so i'm pretty mad :mad:

Hi John,

If it's the same on other machines etc,,,, and change of battery's etc,,,, on the face of it sounds to me like a faulty item.

I don't know anything about Logitech Support, but i'm sure other readers will help out on that aspect.

If they are "ping-ponging" what seems to be their opinion ?

Hi John,

If it's the same on other machines etc,,,, and change of battery's etc,,,, on the face of it sounds to me like a faulty item.

I don't know anything about Logitech Support, but i'm sure other readers will help out on that aspect.

If they are "ping-ponging" what seems to be their opinion ?
Sounds faulty to me as well, I found Logitech support to be excellent both when I used the email option on the website and when I called them.

Curly

I have this as well and although not a South Paw myself, it is symetrical with the 2 thumb buttons on both sides. One word of warning, it is quite long, and you tend to use it differently - I find it doesn palm as well as the Habu I replaced it with. Brillaint mouse though....

Attachments

• 340876.jpg
    340876.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 710
I was buying a keyboard at PC-World & just happened to ask the chaps there about a mouse.
They showed me a PC-Line FL1 Laser. It was cheap enough to try,,,,
but as it is, it's a perfect mouse for my particular needs.
3-Button & Scroll and great speed & accuracy.
What I thought was a cheap 'trier' turned out to be 'the one' in the end.

TW

mighty mouse - hands down!

not at all biased that im selling one on here lol

Left handed gaming mouse's (done a lot of research and testing on the subject being a lefty myself)

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=004
Microsoft intellimouse 1.1 ($£10-200 higher end for customised paint jobs)
Advantages: this is the nokia 3310 of mice, 5 button mouse, big easy to find buttons on both sides, perfeclty semetrical, Low cost, optical precision (moves fast accross surfaces without loosing track) Lightweight, very durable and moddable, still used by many pro gamers.
Disadvantages: Aging hardware (plasticy) & software, only 400 dpi (moves slowly at optimal speed settings)

Optical Technology
Navigate with better speed, accuracy and reliability—the optical sensor tracks movement on nearly any surface without the hassle of clogged mouse parts.
Comfortable in Either Hand
Use your mouse with your left or right hand—ambidextrous design makes it comfortable either way.
Internet Hot Keys
With the touch of a button you can quickly access the Internet.
Additional Features:
#
Scroll Wheel
#
Customizable Buttons
#
5 Year Warranty

http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/Logitech_G3_Laser/index.shtml
Logitech g3
Advantages: Also perfectly semetrical, Fast 2000dpi, feels well built with grippy buttons 6 in total one on each side two standard mouse buttons mousewheel click and a button behind the mousewheel.
Disadvantages: can be quite difficult to find now, £20-60, the shape is not for everyone.

* Tracking Resolution: 2000dpi
* Image Processing: 6.4 megapixels/second
* Max. Acceleration: 20G
* Max. Speed: 45—65 inches/second (depending on surface)
* USB Data Format: 16 bits/axis
* USB Report Rate: 500 reports/second
* Sleep Mode: Disabled
* Dynamic Coefficient of friction - Mu (k): 0.09 (tested on wood-veneer desktop)
* Static Coefficient of friction - Mu (s): 0.15 (tested on wood-veneer desktop)
* Buttons (Left/Right): 8 million clicks
* Feet: 250 kilometers

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-copperhead/
Razer Copperhead
Advantages: 2 buttons either side of the mouse & mousewheel click, fast enough dpi for most 2000 (same as g3), its glowy, symetrical design, well built rubbery feel. heavy (might be a + or - depending on your preference)
Disadvantages: Awkward tubing design that pokes out on each side obscuring the ease of pressing the side buttons (especially one ones near your ring and pinky finger). Expensive for what is essentialy a glowy but less ergenomic logitech g3. (£30-70)

* 2000dpi Razer Precision™ laser sensor
* 32KB Razer Synapse™ onboard memory
* 1000Hz Ultrapolling™ / 1ms response time
* Seven independently programmable Hyperesponse™ buttons
* On-The-Fly Sensitivity™ adjustment
* Always-On™ mode
* Zero-acoustic Ultraslick™ Teflon feet
* 16-bit ultra-wide data path
* Up to 45 inches per second and 20g of acceleration
* 7080 frames per second
* GlowPipe™ non-slip side rails
* Ergonomic ambidextrous design
* Ultra-large non-slip buttons
* Gold-plated USB connector
* Seven-foot, lightweight, non-tangle cord
* Approximate size: 130mm (length) x 66mm (width) x 41mm (height)

http://www.xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/peripherals/razer-lachesis/
Razer Lachesis
Advantages: State of the art 4000dpi lazer technology with on the fly dpi switching, symetrical left or right handed design, 9 buttons total, 2 on each side 3 on the top inclusing the mouse click and the 2 standard mouse buttons, grippy matte finish, rubbery feel, lightweight.
Disadvantages: Expensive £50-£100, Odd shape with bulky rear the seems to poke up into your palm forcing users to adopt a fingertip controll approach ( not a problem if you already do this )

* 4000dpi Razer Precision 3G Laser™ sensor
* 32KB Razer Synapse™ onboard memory
* Nine independently programmable Hyperesponse™ buttons
* 1000Hz Ultrapolling / 1ms response time
* On-The-Fly Sensitivity™ adjustment
* Variable true dpi setting adjustments in increments of 125dpi
* Always-On™ mode
* Ultra-large non-slip buttons
* 16-bit ultra-wide data path
* 60-100 inches per second*
* Ambidextrous design
* Scroll wheel with 24 individual click positions
* Zero-acoustic Ultraslick™ Teflon feet
* Gold-plated USB connector
* Seven-foot, lightweight, non-tangle cord
* Approximate size: 129mm (length) x 71mm (width) x 40mm (height)

There are other mouses on the market but these 4 are the best.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom