Best LCD's for < £1000

ParmMann

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Still doing up the new house, most things are looking good and the Pioneer PDP505XDE Plasma is lovely in the main room.

Need to get a few more screens for around the house now, and I'm not too sure what to get.

I need:

1. Bedroom TV, its a medium sized bedroom, and I have the option of a TV on a cabinet (pre-fitted, plenty of room) or an LCD to put on the wall. Have a eye thingy in this room hooked up to the Sky+ box downstairs.
Would prefer something around 28"-32" - I think?
The screen would be next to my PC too, so I'd like to connect my PC up to it for viewing movies from the PC and/or playing games. I have a Creative 5.1 Megaworks set of speakers on my PC too, it would be brilliant if I could hook that up the to the TV - possible at all?
What screen would you recommend. I'd like to spend less than £1000.

2. Gym TV, its in the double garage, converted it into a Gym and had a TV aerial installed. It also has one of those sky eye thingies! Hooked up to the normal Sky box (multiroom). Preferably need an LCD screen which I can put on a wall bracket in the corner of the room. Around the same size, 28"-32", but doesn't need to be hooked up to any other equipment. Just something to watch whilst working out.

Would love any recommendations and some suggestions for cheap places to buy.

Thanks,
Parm

Looked at Sharp Aquos LCDs? They're great.

And the 26" ones can be had for under £1,000 at JL.

I'm close to buying a Toshiba 30WL46. My requirements are similar to your bedroom tv, I simply need something to connect to my pc and watch tv on. The Tosh is a 30 inch screen and has a DVI connection and the owners on these forums seem happy with theirs. I think it is an absolute bargain at £900!

For the bedroom TV consider the Hitachi 28LD5200. I'm using it as a TV and also a PC monitor with mostly excellent results, though it does struggle with a poor analogue signal.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom