1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best lcd with seperate Tuner ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by vicsalt, Jan 19, 2005.

1. vicsalt

vicsalt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New to this forum and sure you all no the answer. Im concidering the Philips 9988 Pixle plus 2, Ambilight What ever it is which seems to be the current best rated LCD. Im just waiting to see one in the flesh.
    But I would ideally like a tv with a seperate tuner so as to keep all my cabling tidy.

Is there something out there on a 2k budget that would give the Philips a run for its money. I use my tv mainly for DVD & XBOX

thanks

2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Have a look at the Sharp 32GD1E, it's supposed to be up there with the 9986.

3. paulduckworth

paulduckworth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Sharp LC32GD1e - It's excellent in my humble opinion.

I've had it about 2 weeks now and from the reviews I saw is was only just pipped by the phillips in terms of picture quality.

I wanted a seperate media box so that the wall mounting (I have waggly arm jobby so that it can come out and go away again) was made easier.

The connections on the Sharp are also better than the phillips. There are seperate DVI (HDCP compatible) and component inputs so you will be able to input Sky HD via the DVI and a Progressive DVD or even HD\Blue Ray players without any extra switching units. It also has a PC-Card input which you can use to display pics from your digital camera or even record MPEG4 stills and video onto the card.

Haven't really tried my PS2 much yet, but DVD reproduction via an RGB scart is excellent.