Best lcd up to £1000 for 4:3 ?

J

JackF

Hi
I am looking to upgrade from my 5yr old Tosh MT1Z and was wondering which are the best lcd pjs that will display in 4:3 ?.
I have a limited budget of up to £1000.
The room it will be used in is approx 16x8 feet and can be virtually blacked out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance .. Jack

Ok whats the best dlp that isn't native widescreen so i can get fullscreen 4:3 for up to £700

If anybody can help i would really appreciate it.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hi Oakleyspatz

Thanks for the reply i looked into the x2 and the x1
After reading a lot of forum posts etc decided to go for an x1 i was lucky enough to find one at a local retailer at what seemed a good price so i grabbed it.

That was earlier today, haven't had a chance to look at it yet but at the price im pretty sure i wont be dissapointed.

Heh if i am theres allways Ebay :D .

Take care and thanks ...Jack

Sorry Jack, I missed this thread somehow :( ... there aren't really any 'home cinema' LCD 4:3s, LCDs tend to be the dual presentation/video type which aren't usually ideal for home cinema use and also more expensive than your budget.

I'd have mentioned the H30 at the top end of your budget, but it seems you got an X1 at a good price so hopefully you'll be happy with that. :)

Hi KraGorn

Thank you for your response that would explain why i was struggling like mad to find something .

I only have the MT1Z to judge the X1 by so im sure i will be happy with it just a tad concerned about rainbows that ive read about .

Cant wait to try it out, just need to get the builders moving to finish the garage conversion.

Meanwhile i'm gonna throw it at a wall (the projection not the projector :D ) just to check it works .

Take care Jack.

In the last year or so the market for 4:3 projectors has more or less disappeared, very few new models are that format now, even the entry-level systems are 16:9 in the main.

Many people use a blank wall instead of a screen, you can make an effective cheap screen from a blackout blind from IKEA for only a few quid.

Hope you don't see rainbows or if you do they don't bother you, the X1 has a relatively slow colour wheel so you'll be more likely to see them than with later models .. if you do then stick at it, first time I watched my Z200 (my first DLP) I saw them but they weren't too annoying, after a week or so I'd pretty much become oblivious to them.

And yes, throwing a project at a wall isn't covered by the warranty. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom