1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best LCD today ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Oliv83, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Oliv83

Oliv83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

What could be the best LCD today (average Price (less than 1500 $) and characteristics)

;) Olivier

2. ROne

ROne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I don't think you will achieve that goal at less than $1500.

Obviously the Panasonic is extremely popular and is more like $2000.

Thing is best and cheapest don't normally go hand in hand, but I do genuinaly believe (as I have mentioned in the past) LCD is the future. Its the one technology that has the mass clout to lower the cost of home cinema and deliver reasonable quality to the mainstream. Although you will need to look beyond the mainstream for the absolute best quality.

Obvious recommendations are:

panasonic PTA100
    toshiba mt 3
    sanyo PLV 30
    Sony VW 11
    Sanyo 60

and my own toshiba mT-7.

I wouldn't recommend a demo (ohh god flys in the face of convention ..) :devil: well I would but take it with a pinch of salt to short list. The projector will only be 50% of what you can achieve in terms of quality back at your home cinema with lots of tweaking and time wasting. (I must have spent 150 hours just trying different bits of kit - kinda defeats the object).

The best way to do it is try to see a fellow enthusiasts set-up if you can.