best LCD projector's for circa £1000-1500

timtastic_bhoy

Standard Member
Just test drove the H20 last night and it seems that i am susceptible to the rainbow effect. Was seeing it even on slow parts of master and commander. SO I will need to move my shopping investigation to LCD machines. I quite like the sound of the panny 3000 as i have had two panny plasmas and am very happy with them but it might be out of my price bracket just now.

And ideas?

Also a quite question do LCD projectors suffer from the ready break vapour trails that LCD tv's have when watching fast motion?

cheers

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
If you get the panny 3000 that effect is lessened as it can be set to add 3 extra frames a second for fast action such as football or action movies:

Panasonic PT-AE3000 LCD Projector review at AVForums.com

Check this review out on here! I did see a video somewhere of a guy explaining how the interlacing worked but can't find it now?

The only trouble is it cost a bit more than your budget but there might be a 2nd user one out there for that price now the 4000 is coming out??

timtastic_bhoy

Standard Member
cheers, My budget would be higher but for Mrs Timtastic's over spend on unnecessary stuff like shoes :D

would the JVC D-ILA projectors be better for motion blur than a pure LCD?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom