Best LCD of 40" or less for _mainly_ SD (Cable/DVD)

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by unclebobuk, Sep 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. unclebobuk

unclebobuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just looking for the main contenders in the 37" - 40" arena at the moment which offer decent SD performance (from Freeview and Standard N*L cable and my Topfield Freeview box). Can use a suitable DVD player with upscaling for old media and thinking of an Xbox 360 for HD-DVD. I also have a Wii.

Budget is around £1000 but ok a bit either way. No idea if I should be going 1080 or 720. Room is about 14x12 so not that big. Currently viewing an old 32" Sony Triniton c/w freeview. Always been reliable but just looks old now. Viewing distance around 7-10 feet...

Umm, can't think of anything else. Was considering the 40" W series from Sony but have read some horror stories about manufacturing issues.

Anyways, comments welcome. (and yes I know I should read all the threads but there are just _so_ many and I'm not really much of an AV follower). Just need the facts.

thanks.

Bob.

2. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    I wouldnt suggest you 1080p because you watch SD.Maybe the HD-DVD will better on 1080p but the SD wont be so good.So go out and run:
    The Sony KDL-40D3000 with 100Hz.The models stops!!!Go and search to take yours before the stock will not be expired!!!