Best LCD for small room

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by terrymul37, Oct 31, 2004.

1. terrymul37

terrymul37

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering buying the Hitachi PJTX100 because my room is only 11ft x 10ft.
    This will be my first projector, should I consider any others. Any help would be appreciated.

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    If your budget is limited to that then it seems to be a well-thought of projector, several members seem to have them .. the AE700 of course is currently one of the hot favourites, but that's around £300 more.

The only other LCD projector I think I'd probably suggest you look at is the Sanyo Z2. Yes, it's "last year's" model but a nice machine with one big advantage in that it has horizontal and vertical lens shift, which can make a BIG difference in helping you locate it conveniently without having to resort to keystone adjustment, something which can be very helpful in smaller rooms.

3. terrymul37

terrymul37

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, but is the AE700 much better, and would it give me a big enough picture from 10ft.

4. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Try the projector screen size calculator here

Edit: Oh, seems they don't do any of the home cinema Panasonic models on the calculator... They do do the Sanyo's though

5. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have spent many hours spent over the last month on these forums finding the best projector for myself, and have ended up buying the AE700. The only real options were :- The AE700, Sanyo Z3, and the highly anticipated Sony HS51.The Sony was out of the equation as it had not been released, and is going to cost a few hundred pounds more than the other two. The AE700 gets a better review than the Z3 on projectorcentral.com and seems, after much reading to be the better projector offering more lumens and a better tested contrast ratio. It offers horizontal and vertical lens shifting, so positiong is easy, and has a long lamp life. Reading from the AE700 instuction manual you could obtain from 10' 2" back, a 100" diagonal picture. I think though this is an excellent time to buy a PJ, and whatever your choice you won't go far wrong. Happy shopping! :thumbsup: