1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best LCD for PC and Xbox

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by rayer, Sep 17, 2005.

1. rayer

rayer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Due to space, I am looking for a LCD screen ( 17 in min) for both PC use and to plug the XBOX into. ( Dont really need a TV picture )
    Does the XBOX work fine on LCD screens ( Not in little boxes on the screen)
    I am new to the LCD world, hence the questions

2. stu.artd

stu.artd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +328
    I have a Dell 2405, 24" wide (16:10) LCD monitor. I use it with my PC at it's native resolution of 1920x1200, and also have my XBox, PS2 and Gamecube plugged into it through component cables via a component switch. The monitor also provides an RGB S-Video (currently unused) and composite connection (used for PiP TV).

Due to the high resolution scaling of the input from the consoles to full size doesn't look great close up, but from a normal distance such as 1.5m the picture from the consoles looks pretty good, and the monitor appears to keep up with fast paced games very well.

3. nick501

nick501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +782
    Before i got my LCD I heard some people saying that the xbox looked awful, blurry and smeary etc etc. however i went ahead and got one anyway and the xbox looks fine. (rgb scart)

Haven't tried PC yet though.