best LCD for around £2k?

rickyturnbull

Standard Member
Hi all

I am looking at possibly getting the KRP-500a but its a bit more than i wanted to spend, I geuss the thing I need to know is, is plasma a better quality picture than LCD, and I mean mid range plasma/LCD - ie, a 2k plasma versus a 2k LCD?

and any suggestions for LCD's?

cheers chaps

rickyturnbull

Standard Member
yea thought that mate, as i said I am looking at pioneer, pref the krp 500a but need a cheaper one really!

thanks for reply

BradG

go for a plasma m8 as that amount you are willing to spend you mite want to look at the pioner plasmas

I would disagree.. not a fan of plasmas. if you can afford the LCD go for that.

What size screen are you looking for?

Samsung offer some nice screens, perhaps the 52" 6 Series
52" FHD Ready LCD TV LE52A656 - LCD TV - television | SAMSUNG

This would cost you in the 2K figure. of course there is the 8 and 9 series to also consider, which is dependant on the features you require.

rickyturnbull

Standard Member
yea the HD/SD split is around 50:50 so good SD is a must - I did look at the series 7 55 inch sammy's but for not much more money I can get the Pioneer KRP - decisions decisions!!

there is always the sonys but my mate has a 48 inch LCD sony and has reported pretty bad clouding? I have at the moment a 32 inch bravia but with very little clouding - everyone I have spoken to has said "buy Kuro" tough choice when your talking £2k.

I will be streaming HD content from a media setup, I have the V+ box and a PS3 - am buying the harmony 1100 also and am looking for cinema seating!!

I am buying it all before I move in with the missus! haha

sounds like your in the same probelm as me m8 the tv you want is to much and i cant get a job to get anymore money to get a pioner

rickyturnbull

Standard Member
I can get the pioneer but means I have to compromise elsewhere, is it worth the compromise?? the compromise would be cheaper cinema seating....

there are cheaper pioneers out there though i suppose...

I just love the seperate media box and slimness of the KRP

im only 16 so i dont have much experince but when ever i have bought some things like tvs i have always regreated comprsing and would sit there knowing that would i be more happier if i had got that one

rickyturnbull

Standard Member
yep same ere mate,

thanks for response

rickyturnbull

Standard Member
during the course of this conversation my budget has increased as my seating is being paid for!!

whoop!

so now I have a £3k budget for TV and an extra 700-800 towards home automation!

awesome, now I need advice on set up etc for automation :)

tvbox

Distinguished Member
if its out of your budget then look at some of the pannys what will you be using it for jw
The brand new Panasonic V10 sounds good. I agree plasmas are much better for SD stuff, i have the lower end:blush: X10 and it does very well at removing all that noise from freeview.

There is a review of the V10 which is about £1450 on AVforums:smashin::thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom