1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best LCD 37", what would you choose?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Michelle1965, Feb 16, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Michelle1965

Michelle1965

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There :hiya:
    I have seen a Philips 37ph9986 in a shop today mark up price of £3499. The picture quality looked quite impressive, i have also read a great deal on the 'Sharp" LC37GD1E, but so far havent managed to see the quality of this TV.

Out of the two Tvs which would be the one to go for in your opinion. I also want to watch DVDs, and play Cds, MP3s etc because i am thinking of buying the 5 in 1 cinema system to go with it.

I was thinking of buying a Plasma, but having had a look at a few by the side of an LCD i decided to see the light and go with the LCD even though its a bit dearer on price.

If anyone of you out there has any information on the two Tvs(or any other tv..37") and can offer any advice, it would be most appreciated...... :clap:

TIA

Michelle :)

2. McE

McE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I got a Sharp 37GA4E... if you can get hold of one, GET IT! much cheaper than the phili and I don't think you want to pay for some useless features of the 37GD1E that is technically the same as the GA4E...

3. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would at least advise to try to bargain a bit... that price would be good if it was in EURO

4. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Loewe Spheros. Its not a TV, its a work of art.

5. achimb33

achimb33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. Michelle1965

Michelle1965

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you so much for your replies, can i ask where you purchased your Tvs from? off the net or another shop in your area. I am always a bit concerned about buying large items off the net, although insured its a hassle if they send you the wrong model.

John Lewis offer a 5 year guarantee as you most likely know, but can anyone else suggest another retailer that has just as good a guarantee and for that length of time, for the 37' or bigger.

Michelle