Best laptop keyboard for touch typing

saintupnorth

Standard Member
Hi, looking to buy a laptop for a relative. Primarily for Internet, Word, Excel so no need for massive spec. The one thing they have requested is a 'decent keyboard' as they touch type.
I guess a decent sized laptop rather than a netbook.

Any advice appreciated.

thanks

spyder viewer

Not all keyboards "feel" the same to touch typists. If poss take them to PC World to try some out.

brookheather

Have a look at some of the laptop reviews on Trusted Reviews - I noticed they particularly like the keyboard on the 17R (which is the same as the 15R) - quote "the 17R has an outstanding keyboard - in all likelihood the best in its class"

Dell Inspiron 17R review - Usability, Display and Speakers - Laptop reviews - TrustedReviews

Ultimately the feel of a keyboard is quite a personal thing so hands on experience in a store is probably a good idea.

- Simon.

Wild Weasel

I get to use various makes of laptops at work. I really like the Dell ones (I bought a Dell 15R today for my dad). HP are fine too. The worst IMHO are Toshiba as they tend to flex in the centre & feel a bit cheap. Pity really as they're otherwise alright.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
The Lenovo Thinkpads tend to get decent reviews for the keyboards on their low end machines (and excellent reviews for those on the high end machines).

Trending threads

Top Bottom