Best James Cameron Movie - Knockout Tournament

T2: was the one I saw in the cinema and left an indelible mark especially that nuclear holocaust scene but over the years Aliens has just risen to become one of my all time favourites. Cameron will never match it.
I saw T2 at the midnight showing on opening night at Odeon Leicester Square and was blown away by it - when the T1000 walked through the bars, it was unlike anything I'd seen before. But Aliens has always had a special place in my heart.

It was fairly close, I had to run through all the votes with a fine tooth comb to see what was what. Loved all the interaction! :D .. Then Aliens ended up sealing the victory!

Even though my personal choice, Terminator 2: Judgement Day didn't win, this was a lot of fun! Thank you all for participating. Hope you enjoyed it :)

Thanks for doing it :thumbsup:

You should see how many ideas I've got for similar threads now :D

Yeah agreed, this was good fun 👍🏼

Which was 1st to 10? Or was that not the criteria in this round?
Aliens, First to 5. 10. 15. As mentioned earlier. T2 led 1-0 then never led again.

Yeh good fun this was.

The only sour note for me is neither* of these movies are available on the pinnacle format (4K disc) as JC doesn’t really give 2 hoots about anything other than Avatar these days,

* Yes T2 has 4K disc release but it’s pants and an insult to the movie.

Aliens, oh wait its already won
T2 wasn't even the best Terminator film but then many will say that Aliens wasn't the best Alien(s) film.

Even Predator 1987 is better than Aliens.
T2 should win vs Aliens easily.
The one’s choose Aliens over T2 are just weird and bad taste. ;-)
Predator is better than all films

Aliens, oh wait its already won
T2 wasn't even the best Terminator film but then many will say that Aliens wasn't the best Alien(s) film.
I'd be one of those many -

I love all those 4 movies, but I personally like Terminator better than T2, and Alien better than Aliens.

in fairness Aliens is arguably "the best film" full stop - its easily in my ever rotating top 3 - 4 movies of all time.

T2 is properly ace though, i remember seeing it on release and was absolutely blown away.... nothing will every get me past the pure tension of Aliens though along with the characters, weapons, vehicles.... everything - just amazing.

I remember seeing the Abyss after Terminator and Aliens and being gutted that Beihn is a bad guy (sort of).

As mentioned earlier with Cameron and his lack of fudges over anything not Avatar, its still a crime that you cant get True Lies on anything other than DVD.

Fun thread. We need to think of more film groups with numbers that fit conveniently into a geometric sequence. :)

There's numerous possibilities I guess. Someone just needs to dream them up :D

The obvious one is there's other Directors out there where this format can work again.

Scorsese, Fincher, John McTiernan (only did several movies but 3 are worldies), Spielberg (the obvious one) etc etc.

Not everyone has 8 films (or 16 etc) to fit nicely into a draw but there's ways to get around funny numbers (some films get a first round by (American Football style) due to ranking (say IMDB etc).

Thank you all for participating. Hope you enjoyed it :)

I Want More GIF

Tarantino I would suggest, but I’m guessing it would be Pulp Fiction, so no point 😂

You could do a Ridley Scott one but it'll take ages lol
The obvious one is there's other Directors out there where this format can work again.

Spielberg (the obvious one) etc etc.

Not everyone has 8 films (or 16 etc) to fit nicely into a draw but there's ways to get around funny numbers (some films get a first round by (American Football style) due to ranking (say IMDB etc).

yes could maybe do their best 16, according to popularity.

Could also go by actor (eg Arnie, Tom Cruise)

or franchise eg MCU, Bond

Tarantino I would suggest, but I’m guessing it would be Pulp Fiction, so no point 😂
How about Director Vs Director? Tatantino Vs Spielberg?
Ridley Scott Vs Cameron

I don't know. Few others could have a outside shot. Be a tough one for me to decide.

Ditto Ridley Scott. 3-4 greats that are close for me.

Very enjoyable and I was genuinely pleased Aliens won as the director's cut is my favourite movie ever in terms of number of times watched and how fast I would place a pre-order for a UHD of it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom